Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Public Lands Maps for GPS

Depends on what you are looking for. I really like the PLAT's included with the huntinggps.

We used gpsfiledepot and got free maps for Wyoming and Nevada for hunts this year and they worked great. No complaints when they work great and don't cost a dime.

If you want the landowners names there is another overlay that has that information as well on www.gpsfiledepot.com

Here's the one for Montana. http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/408/

On my GPS I can select to show or hide the different transparent maps so you could have that loaded, but only pull it up if you wanted to see the landowner name.

I've never used that though. I tend to stick to public land.

I just can't understand paying $100+ for a product for one state land ownership and topo map when it is available online for free. They charge a bunch to update them too, vs. I can just upload the latest version for free off of gpsfiledepot. Most of them are very current. That Montana land ownership map was as of May 2012.

Last edited:
These provide lakes for MT and also numbers to look up in the plat books.

You can find property info on line pretty easily. Plat books? I deal with plats on a regular basis, can't say the last time I actually cracked open a "book". :) They don't really help with ownerhsip anyway, they tell me how big the property is, but thats about it. Any owership information is likely out of date.

Does the purchased product give property owner contact info? I could see that being handy, but if its just plat information, you still need to cross reference to find the owner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back