Caribou Gear Tarp

Public Land within Walk In Areas- Wyoming

Elite7

Guys,

I know that this has been brought up in the past, but I can't seem to find it by searching the forums. Are you allowed to drive on BLM and State roads that are within a walk in area in Wyoming?

I pull up some of the walk in area maps and it seems these public roads aren't highlighted in green (Legends show green as open roads)?

Thanks

From what I have seen all walk in areas have maps that specify what roads are open. They state either "designated roads" open or "established roads" open. Established roads would include any two track but designated roads would include specifically what is highlighted on the map.

Guys,

I know that this has been brought up in the past, but I can't seem to find it by searching the forums. Are you allowed to drive on BLM and State roads that are within a walk in area in Wyoming?

I pull up some of the walk in area maps and it seems these public roads aren't highlighted in green (Legends show green as open roads)?

Thanks

You can drive on BLM roads that are accessible from outside the WIA, but driving on private and state would be allowed only in the WIA rules for that area.

Finding out which roads you can and cannot drive on seems to be one of the most difficult aspects of planning a Wyoming hunt. :)

I just posted the same thing in the Wyoming section of the forum. Very confusing when they show national grassland as also walk in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back