PSA: Turnpike's new album dropped today

Definitely a family favorite here!!! We were stoked when they got back together. As a side note Zach Brayn's new album dropped today as well and in one of his new songs he references Turnpike getting back together and writing songs.

Last edited:
Definitely a family favorite here!!! We were stoked when they got back together. As a side note Zach Brayn's new album dropped today as well and in one of his new songs he references them getting back together and writing songs.
Zach Bryan makes some good music and seems like a good guy but he needs to learn what the word "cull" means.

They’re just great, so consistent too. There aren’t that many bands where you can hit play and enjoyably listen through an entire album time after time.

This is what I love about em.

It doesn't have to be full of bangers and hits, it's just solid. Great tunes with poetic real feelings surrounding actual experiences - often associated with the rural. Still the only band I have ever heard mention volunteer firefighters.

Last edited:
We’re going to see Turnpike tomorrow. We usually see them at least once a year with friends. I’m glad Evan is sober, but I will say the shows when he was absolutely hammered were much more entertaining.

Definitely a family favorite here!!! We were stoked when they got back together. As a side note Zach Brayn's new album dropped today as well and in one of his new songs he references Turnpike getting back together and writing songs.
while I do love "Rut" Zach Bryan wins the day. Another great release.

This is what I love about em.

It doesn't have to be full of bangers and hits, it's just solid. Great tunes with poetic real feelings surrounding actual experiences - often associated with the rural. Still the only band I have ever heard mention volunteer firefighters.
I have been pondering this a bit — bands that are uniquely able to capture “modern rural”. By modern I mean possibly dependent on history for context, but not necessarily subject matter.

I think the Bottlerockets do in a big way, and also their spiritual nephew Drive by Truckers. As Corb Lund reminded me the other day, to paraphrase: early Drive by Truckers gives zero effs about your feelings.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back