Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Proposed "No Hunting" Buffer on Mississippi's Malmaison WMA

If they allow this to go through you can bet I will be asking for a buffer around my property also. I mean it's only right if one is allowed everyone should be allowed that lives in the malmaison area.

I’ve never actually hunted the scatters but I’ve heard a lot about it. I left my comment.

Looks like the landowner must launch their boat on public land within the WMA to access their property.

I strongly disagree with the buffer. Allowing private clubs make rules for public hunting lands, not the American way. Letting them do this next a 2 mile buffer completely around the private club.

There's 10 days left before the Commission reads comments and votes on this proposal. After speaking with MDWFP on Friday, the most effective thing we can do right now is to fill out the public comment form and make sure our voice is heard through the proper channel. We're currently in talks with a few other conservation organizations within the state to check the feasibility of a sign on letter, but with the way the commission's authority is, it may not make a difference. More to come I guess. Thanks to everyone who has submitted comments.

Just filled out my comment form on MDWFP's website. I hope they get flooded with comments opposing this crazy change.

Thanks guys. This is starting to draw a little more attention. Robbie from Blood Origins did a piece on it. Several other organizations are speaking out. Hopefully we get the Commission's attention.

Indisputable fact: Nobody is crazier than a duck hunter who owns a good duck hunting property or a deer hunter who owns a good deer hunting property.

Louisiana and Mississippi are perplexing to me. Million acres of privately owned bottomless marsh that you can’t even walk across. So everyone gets hurled into the same 1,000 acres. Then they try to take parts of that away too.

The proposed buffer was just withdawn. Thanks to all of you that took the time to comment. There were 50 comments in favor, and a whopping 1018 against. The commission meeting is currently still happening, but is available as a live feed on Youtube if you'd like to see it play out.

heck ya @jwatts feels good to get a public land victory :)
Dang sure does. This ended up drawing the attention of Robbie with Blood Origins who spoke out against it, as well as got mention on the Primos podcast. I'm sure that helped. I just wish I could have seen the look on the commissioner's faces when they saw comments from across the nation.

The proposed buffer was just withdawn. Thanks to all of you that took the time to comment. There were 50 comments in favor, and a whopping 1018 against. The commission meeting is currently still happening, but is available as a live feed on Youtube if you'd like to see it play out.
I had to watch it to see how it went down and I didn't catch it at first with all the added hair but look who got a front row seat to the withdrawal and I think his facial expression says it all!!!

1639683620190.png

He wasn't too thrilled. He even got to have a few more minutes to air his grievances. I bet he had a long ride home after that meeting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back