Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Projectelk

Muleyfanatic

Just watched PROJECTELK tonight. It was an interesting and refreshing show. Nice to have some great Sportsmen voicing what a true hunter is.

I watched it as well and dvr'd it to watch again. The professor lady had some interesting takes on hunters only helping game animals. I am not sure I agree, but to each is their own.

She seemed very confident in the points she was making. I think it may be I am more interested in working to help game animals than I am every animal of the landscape, but what she doesn't acknowledge is that the work I may do to help the mule deer also helps the sage grouse, elk, antelope, and many other non game animals in that ecosystem. She seemed to attack hunters for "only" caring about the game animals and also brought up there are 6x as many wildlife watchers as hunters. That very well may be the case but if that is then they definitely aren't pulling their weight in this fight.

Last edited:
She seemed very confident in the points she was making. I think it may be I am more interested in working to help game animals than I am every animal of the landscape, but what she doesn't acknowledge is that the work I may do to help the mule deer also helps the sage grouse, elk, antelope, and many other non game animals in that ecosystem. She seemed to attack hunters for "only" caring about the game animals and also brought up there are 6x as many wildlife watchers as hunters. That very well may be the case but if that is then they definitely aren't pulling their weight in this fight.

I agree totally Schaaf!
Hopefully she is open minded enough to be educated on the values hunters bring to the table. I would like to see more shows geared like this one as it not only educates hunters but gives a better perspective of hunters to the other side of the table.

Bump cause I just watched it on Prime. Excellent film.

Not sure how invested "wildlife watchers" really are. I mean, my parents drive through RMNP and view elk but I'm not sure that offsets the cost of licenses, taxes on guns and ammo, etc. that are spent by sportsmen. I also think she is severely underestimating the potential loss of allies in the pursuit of habitat protection if hunting goes away. You need people who have something to lose. Not just, "oh I drive around and look and the deer sometimes."

I was watching a PBS doc on habitat loss in the great plains and noticed several of the researchers and biologists in different states were from DU. Whats going to replace them?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back