Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Probably a stupid question; Cornerhopping literally!

In a debate over the use of drones this was cited in the Washington Post on 01/14/16. According to the Federal Aviation Administration, every inch above the tip of your grass blades is the government’s jurisdiction. “The FAA is responsible for the safety and management of U.S. airspace from the ground up,” said an agency spokesman, echoing rules laid out on its website. If true NO ticket should hold up in court if the corner is Hopped or if any items tossed (boned out meat) over the corner.

i fell into this trouble getting on to BLM land i wanted to antelope hope a few yrs ago.
being the type of guy that loves to solve problems i did some looking and map after map and found away to get to this BLM land by crossing this private land but still not be trespassing . the first time i did this i shot a very nice [ for me ] 15 1/4" antelope. when i got back to my pickup to grab my game cart the outfiiter that had this ranch locked up for guided hunts was at my truck to say hi and for me to wait there as the fish and game was called and they were sending somebody out to say hi to me :D
so i grabbed my game cart and told him i would talk to him when i get back with MY antelope. well a cpl hrs later we are all around my truck having a very nice chat and i am being told that i will be getting a trespass ticket and loosing my antelope . so i told the game warden to never talk to me like that without knowing he was 100% right .
then i went on to show him his huge errors and where he messed up . you see this area has creek flowing through it and i used the creek to get from the road which was a county maintained road to this BLM land . yes i did cross this ranch but only by way of a legal route
which in this case was the creek. the game warden then did some calling and looking at my maps [ he did not even show up with his own map ] when he was done he did tell me he was sorry for jumping the gun and telling me i was wrong before he had all the facts
i let with MY antelope and i have been antelope hunting that same area now for close to 20 yrs:hump::hump::hump:

so as you can see sometimes not all is lost and sometimes there is more then 1 way to skin a cat

Anyone claiming the airspace argument, or that corner crossing is illegal...care to cite the statute(s)?

IMO, its still a legal gray area and most states/counties are not prosecuting it and wardens are not issuing citations for it.

Exactly. Someone said you are invading the private land owners airspace. What does a helicopter and airplane do? Is there any law that states the ceiling for this private airspace?

Back