Pro tips........

kansasdad

From time to time it seems like I have little epiphanies of wisdom hit my brain, and I'm sure that my fellow HuntTalkers also have truthbombs to share to increase our collective wisdom.

Such events happened to me this week.

Pro tip: If you are bringing home a carton of your wife's favorite ice cream, double or even triple check that you bring this ice cream into the house, instead of leaving it overnight on the floor of the passenger side of the SUV.

Even better Pro tip: when disassembling your new 12 gauge to clean off the packing grease, make sure to not let the firing pin and firing pin spring go flying across the garage in the general direction of the messy corner.

Pro tip: If you are bringing home a carton of your wife's favorite ice cream, double or even triple check that you bring this ice cream into the house, instead of leaving it overnight on the floor of the passenger side of the SUV.

And would that be the wife's SUV or yours?

And would that be the wife's SUV or yours?

Very happy to report that it was mine. Also a blessing that the plastic sack contained most of the melted ice cream. Also I can report that mint chocolate chip melted into the floorboards is a rather pleasant odor! (for now that is, as lowering temperatures should hopefully reduce the spoiled milk smell that could have been much worse in August).

Use fresh coffee grounds to help when deodorizing that sour milk smell when it inevitably comes. That’s my pro tip.

Pro tip of the day.......

When changing out a variable power rheostat for the dining nook light fixture, after wiring the rheostat and flipping the breaker back on, with no lights turning on, don't do like I did today and assume you had simply wired it incorrectly.

Instead, turn the fixture switch on and off to verify it isn't working before you run downstairs and flip that breaker to re-wire.

Sadly another truth nugget.......

If you are going to go out one last time to get some sweet sweet pass shooting on geese, for the love of all that is holy, double check and make certain that you have your wallet with hunting license and migratory stamps on your person.......

........or failing that, at least run your mental checklist at the neighborhood stop light, and not after driving 40 minutes, just before leaving the highway towards your ambush spot.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back