Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Primers Coming Out??

Over pressure. Just for the heck of it put a single layer of masking tape on the primer end of an unfired round. . Trim it off with a razor blade and feed it in and see if the bolt closes easy still. Is so have the head space checked.

I had this almost exact same issue with my creedmoor. Turned out that the gunsmith got the wrong reamer which was built according to specs when the cartridge was a lot newer. The 140g hornady factory ammo was hitting the lands creating a pressure issue. The gunsmith was able to hand-ream the remaining 0.01 of an inch and life is good. My custom 700 in 6.5 creedmoor now shoots great and handles the 140g loads.

I also didn't have any accuracy problems when I had pressure issues, actually shot tighter groups with factory ammo. I'd try some hornady 120g or the 129g loads and see what happens.

Timing between shots was 3-5 minutes. My wife was actually shooting the rifle when it happened. The first time it happened she struggled opening the bolt. Again, all comments are highly appreciated. Thanks

Timing between shots was 3-5 minutes. My wife was actually shooting the rifle when it happened. The first time it happened she struggled opening the bolt. Again, all comments are highly appreciated. Thanks

Hard bolt lift is yet another over pressure sign.

I called Hornady yesterday and they are a great company to work with. Since I bought four boxes at the same time they are all the same lot #. I'm sending the brass and remaining bullets back to them on their expense. They want to test the velocity, pressure and brass hardness, etc. Looks like I will have to source some Noslers right before my daughters Antelope hunt.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Larkin
Back