Preferred bino harness

WHOCARES

I'm looking to get a new bino harness. I've been using the old original style and this time of the year in Northern Minnesota you get the itch to buy something! What do folks suggest?

I've used Eberlestock, FHF, and now Alaska Guide Creations. I hated the Eberlestock Nosegunner, I liked the FHF, but love the AGC. I prefer how it completely covers my binocular lenses so dust and snow can't get under it and it has enough other pockets but still maintains a light weight harness.

I have tried several and decided the Kuiu harness was the best fit for my needs.

Crooked Horn Outfitters makes a nice one. I have been using it and been happy with it's performance.

I think I've tried most of them. Some offered to pay me. Instead, I bought FHF harnesses for me and guest hunters and very happy with the result.

I personally cannot stand the case type harnesses. Just to bulky for my liking. I like the old school crooked horn outfitters one.

FHF.

Is it just me, or is there some companies that have blatantly taken FHF's design, slapped their logo on it and are passing them off as their bino harnesses?

I use both FHF and AGC's. I really like the FHF for early season bowhunting, but anytime I am going to be using an atv of any kind or hunting in a dusty environment... Pass the full coverage of the AGC.

I use the regular vortex harness straps. This past weekend I put hands on the FHF, Alaska Guide Creations (AGC's), and Kuiu. Also Votex finally has theirs on their website, and looking at it, it looks 99.99% the same as the FHF.

Over all I think the FHF one would be the best bang for the buck, granted the AGC is also very nice and affordable. The full protection is ideal but added cost to add the bino strap (to keep it tethered to the AGC's). Hope this helps also.

BTW the Kuiu looked to be horrible, it didn't offer any real protection as the entire back portion (side to your chest) was fully exposed, and costs a few bucks less then the others.

I used the FHF for a few seasons. It was great, but I found myself glassing less, especially when still hunting through cover because it was a bit of a pain to unlatch the harness, pull out the binos, glass, place back in harness, and latch it. So, I went back to the basic harness with other a pouch. I have lens covers on the ocular lenses, which keeps them dry and clean.

I used the FHF for a few seasons. It was great, but I found myself glassing less, especially when still hunting through cover because it was a bit of a pain to unlatch the harness, pull out the binos, glass, place back in harness, and latch it. So, I went back to the basic harness with other a pouch. I have lens covers on the ocular lenses, which keeps them dry and clean.

Exactly, When i want to look at something I want to look now. Those case ones just took to much time for me.

I can have the ocular and obj, covers flipped open before I get them to my eyes.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back