Yeti GOBOX Collection

Preference Points for Moose?

silasd

I had a buddy put in for nonresident Colorado moose and didn't draw (not a surprise to him). We were wondering though - is there a "magic" preference point level that usually results in a tag? TIA
:unsure:

I had a buddy put in for nonresident Colorado moose and didn't draw (not a surprise to him). We were wondering though - is there a "magic" preference point level that usually results in a tag? TIA
No magic number. CO’s moose/sheep/goat system operates more like a bonus point system (once you clear the initial 3-year hurdle). It’s clearly getting tougher now that they don’t require NR fees up front. Lots of new applicants in the pool accruing points and throwing their name in the hat. No guarantees.

No magic number. CO’s moose/sheep/goat system operates more like a bonus point system (once you clear the initial 3-year hurdle). It’s clearly getting tougher now that they don’t require NR fees up front. Lots of new applicants in the pool accruing points and throwing their name in the hat. No guarantees.
Thanks - appreciate the info.

As @rmyoung1 said. You need 3 pp to be eligible in your 4th year. Every year your chances get slightly better. That being said I know people that have drawn on their 4th year, and I know people that have been applying for 18 years unsuccessfully.

No, as much as some guys wish it were true, magic has not bearing on draw results.

It's not really about how many points you have it's about how many points they have.

CO points are somewhere between square points and preference points. They definitely help, but don't guarantee you will draw.

That said if there are 2 tags, and 100 people with your level of points or higher you're not gonna draw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back