Possibly last year on this property. Making the most of it.

I’ve had a few pheasant hunting spots change owners over the years. It sucks for sure. Probably why I’ve gravitated so much to chukars in recent years. Plenty of public land and not many folks dumb as me to compete with.
NC has a ton of good public duck land if you go east of where I live. I may have to buy a boat but I plan to get it done out there.

Thats too bad about your spot. My dad and I are going through something similar this year. The property owners have decided to lease it to outfitters so bye bye duck hunting out there. Looks like you got a lot of good years and memories out of it at least. Also, thats a beautiful wood duck mount!

Thats too bad about your spot. My dad and I are going through something similar this year. The property owners have decided to lease it to outfitters so bye bye duck hunting out there. Looks like you got a lot of good years and memories out of it at least. Also, thats a beautiful wood duck mount!
Thank you sir! I was able to cut my teeth on duck hunting here now I guess I can put what I learned to use on public land as well. Hope things work out for you and your dad also.

It's been an interesting process so far. Frustrating at times but worth every second. I'm thinking a boat is in my future. I hope you can get it done as well!

It's been an interesting process so far. Frustrating at times but worth every second. I'm thinking a boat is in my future. I hope you can get it done as well!
Right now just trying to decide to I wanna put money in a boat or just go on some physical hunts in the western mountains and Alaska while I’m still young enough to enjoy it. Decisions decisions.

I'm 49 and have duck hunted most of my adult life.
I went on my first pronghorn hunt back in October; go out west now while you are young and enjoy what it has to offer.
The sights/sounds out there are amazing. I plan to go back next year for pronghorn, but want to expand to mule deer or elk in the near future.
Absolutely beautiful out there; you won't regret it!

You can duck hunt when you are older, travel while you can!

Good a
I'm 49 and have duck hunted most of my adult life.
I went on my first pronghorn hunt back in October; go out west now while you are young and enjoy what it has to offer.
The sights/sounds out there are amazing. I plan to go back next year for pronghorn, but want to expand to mule deer or elk in the near future.
Absolutely beautiful out there; you won't regret it!

You can duck hunt when you are older, travel while you can!
Good advice and right along the line of what I am thinking. I have taken a Wyoming mule deer and backpacked into the Beartooths in Montana to scout Unlimited sheep with future plans of hunting them, and I have a horseback / wall tent camp elk hunt planned in Utah for October 2020. The west is definitely something I want to put emphasis on for the next few years. I am thinking that I can duck hunt out of a blind or boat when I’m too old to climb mountains and pack out animals on my back. Hope your western adventures work out as well.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back