Poor puppy!!

trophy_killer

Our puppy that is only about 4 months old today was over at the neighbors today sniffing their dog seeing what he was and obviously the other dog didn't like it. He grabbed our pup and ripped him up like a rag doll. So our 4 month old German Shepherd is in the vet for the next few nights. He had a total of 9 lacerations (sp?) and multiple other cuts and scratches and also a broken jaw. Vet estimated the cost to be between $1,300 and $1,700 for his surgery and everything!! :eek: :(

TK - That sucks. Hope the pup pulls through okay. Who is at fault in a situation like this - you or the neighbor and who has to pick up the bill? Keep us updated on the poor little fella.

Wilecoyote76

Well I'm pretty sure its our fault. We live in the country and we have some property so we just let the dogs run free. The neighbors dogs are chained up though and since our pup was on their land it's pretty much our fault for letting him run loose like that.

Sorry to hear that TK :( Hope he pulls through ok. what did you end up naming him anyways? hard way to learn a lesson
fight.gif

Sorry to hear about your pup. $1300-$1700 seems kind of high for some sutures and a wired jaw. But I guess they got ya. Next dog I get, we are gettng that pet insurance for.

Tough break man! I've been there. One of mine, well a chow I was keeping for my daughter, dug out from under the fence and jumped a fostered Lunger the wife was walking. She tried to break them up and ended up in the ER herself. Chow died of lead poisening, Lunger recovered with $1,000.00 in vet bills, wife recovered with $1,200.00 in ER bills and is on probation for life.

Damn TK,,4 months old and already getting into trouble..Sounds alot like his master :D

Sorry to hear about it though, and sure hope he pulls through alright...

Hunterman(Tony)

Poor little puppy :( Only 4 months old and already getting into fights
fight.gif
fight.gif
Hope the little guy pulls through though.
Quick Draw

His surgery was today and he handled it okay. However when they tried putting him on a leash he didn't like it since he didn't know who they were. He ended up getting stitched up in 2 different spots and he fractured his jaw in 3 different spots. They said he should be able to come home on monday but he will have to eat canned dog food mixed with water so that he can just slurp it since he won't be able to use his jaw for a while. The Vet also said that he may not grow his adult canines since his little ones were just getting ready to fall out and the blood line may have been damaged. Hopefully he will pull through it all and come out okay.

TK, I hope your little friend comes home on Monday and everything is fine. That has to be hard to watch and see your puppy in agony and pain and not be able to help any more than what you already have done. :(

TK,
Certainly am sorry to hear this. Hope your vet recommended a liquid vitamin to suppliment in his water. With food intake being down I would think it necessary until the jaw mends.
Good luck,

Chas

Thanks folks it's appreciated.

Elky I feel so sorry for the little fella in so many ways but the main one is that he loves nipping at our socks when we put them on in the morning.

Chas, I'm sure they will. We get to hopefully bring him back home tomorrow but the poor boy will need to stay in the house for a while and he doesn't like that. He usually only comes in for a total of about an hour per day.

Paws, thanks for the prayer.

WOW liquidfied canned dog food
drool.gif
I can't wait to dish some of that up for the dogs. LOL
But seriously I hope the pup makes a full recovery.
Quick Draw

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back