Poor Orca Lover

Hunterman

2 weeks ago, over the week-end her tonsil on the left side became inflamed..Temp running up to 102*, ear ache, the whole ball of wax for tonsilitis hump After a call to the doctor to discibe her symptom ( I told them that her tonsil looked like a placenta hump )( hey,,I could take a picture if y'all want to prove it :D ) So, Monday we ended up taking a trip to the doctors office and he confirmed it...Two bottles of meds. and she started to feel much better by mid week :D

Well guess what happened over the WEEK-END :eek: ITS BAAAACK :eek: but this time on the right side..High fever, swollen tonsil(yep another placenta looking thing hump )..Whats nice is that we can e-mail our dr. to see if he wants us to come back into his office..( I like that, saves gas and money) We'll see what he wants us to do when he answers it this morning..

I must say,, Orca Lover is taking this like a trooper..With the pain, fever, and trips to the bathroom,,she can still joke about it :D

Hunterman(Tony)

She strong one, hope she gets better and doc takes em out if not keep coming back way it looks:(, anywho hope she gets well soon:)

I feel for her...I've got a little thing that I have had trouble getting rid of myself:

eye.JPG

I've never had an eye infection in my life, but since getting contacts I've had 4 of them in about 6 weeks' time. :eek: I've done everything but stick my hands in fire to sterilize them, so I don't think it's dirty fingers. Needless to say, I'm giving up the contacts. :rolleyes:

Placenta...that's funny. :D

My goodness thats not good hope u get somethin safe hubby feels for ya he had same prob:), anyway hope yall feel better soon

I feel for you and the missus hunter did that with TE but they had to do emerg surgery on him they was blockinghis air way they got so big. the poor kid had two surgery in two weeks. we still have TE's tonsilit in a jar here he likes to bring them out when people here to eat that is after they done with the food then they run for the bath room :D :D

Darren didnt your mom ever tell you not to put your finger in your eye :) butall fun aside that looks like it hurts.

I get an eye infection some what like that every now and then myself,,but just in one eye...Don't know what causes it, but 10 days worth of eye goop and its done hump

As far as taking out Lindseys tonsils,,they do it only as a last resort anymore...

Hunterman(Tony)

I was told when I had a problem with my toncils in jr. high that we are healthier as adults if we leave them in. She is doing okay; today she says that everything is echoing and all sounds are very loud. Her temp is back up to 101. Hopefully this new antibiotic will work faster than the penicillian did and she'll be back to her old self by the end of the week. Quick Draw will take good care of her baby sister this week while we are at work; and its back to yogurt, and popcicles for all her meals.

Lady Nutcracker (Becky)

My son, who's only 8, had his tonsils and adnoids out last year. Since then he is a totally different person. He sleeps alot better, will eat many different foods now, (because he can swallow better), and we are not running to the doctor a half dozen times a year for strep throat.
As far as the eye infection, get rid of those contacts and go get Lasik surgery. I had it done 4 1/2 years ago and my eyes are still 20/15. It was the best money I have ever spent. I did it up in Winnipeg, Manitoba because it was so much cheaper than here in the states, and their equipment up there is years ahead of what they use down here. Glasses and contacts would cost me between $400-$800/year, I was hard on glasses. In just two years I was money ahead by having the Lasik done. Sorry I got a little off track here...

I still feel like crap, but i have only been on meds for a day. The doctor I saw was leaning towards seeing somebody up at ENT in a few days if it isnt any better. I just dont want this to keep coming back, it SUCKS!!! I just want to be healthy for my Senior ball and graduation... and hopefully that will happen!!
Thanks for all the well wishes, I just want this to go away!

good luck to ya linsey i hope best for ya and u can make ball healthy, hope that they do take em out u know these days most sue for chit like that:rolleyes:

You will get over it Lindsy...

It, as with every thing else of this nature passes in time...
Good luck with your grad party.... :)

And here I am, scatterbrained me, trying to console Erin last night for her tonsillitis. :D Hope you feel better real soon Lindsey. I had my tonsils out at 12 and I don't really get sick that often. I wonder if the real reason is that the insurance companies didn't want to pay for all the tonsillectomies anymore. :rolleyes:

Lordy gibs I did NOT need to see that eye of yours. I just barely started with contacts and I'm having enough trouble just putting them in. Where are my eyeglasses again? *shudder*

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Norcaldive
Back