PEAX Equipment

Poll: Should NRs have a larger say in Montana Wildlife Management?

Should NRs have a larger say in Montana Wildlife Management?

• Yes- I'm a Resident

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • No- I'm a Resident

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • Yes- I'm a NR

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • No- I'm a NR

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters
I'm a hard no and will stand by it. Buuuuuuuuuuttttttt when you finance your system on the backs of NRs you sure as shit better expect they're going to have some influence.

I said no (nonresident). That said, as others have, when a state wildlife agency gets 70% or more of its budget from nonresidents, I would hope they have the good sense to consider how their actions will affect nonresidents. After that consideration, make appropriate decisions with the understanding that dramatically affecting nonresidents may have downstream effects on residents. Either that, or have a plan to manage the state's wildlife on a quarter of their current budget.

The commission and FWP are tasked with managing the wildlife of MT for the benefit of its residents. NR of Montana provide a large amount of funding and advocacy for the wildlife of MT. So how FWP decisions impact that NR funding and advocacy should be considered as part of their responsibility to best manage the wildlife for the benefit of residents.

so should us NR have a larger say? No, I think we already have some say. I think it’s awful short sighted to say we should have no say.

Back