Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Points question

Ektoras

In the states that have points system if u apply for multiple seasons ,weapons and units that year if u dont get drawn do u get all that points or u just get the state points for not getting a tag?

In the states that have points system if u apply for multiple seasons ,weapons and units that year if u dont get drawn do u get all that points or u just get the state points for not getting a tag?
Every state does things a little different, but for the most part if you don't draw a tag you will have one point. I believe most states you can only get one point per year per species, regardless of how many applications you put in. Washington state has multiple draw categories for deer and elk so a bit different. Wyoming you can only buy a point between July-October and it is good for the next season.

Every state does things a little different, but for the most part if you don't draw a tag you will have one point. I believe most states you can only get one point per year per species, regardless of how many applications you put in. Washington state has multiple draw categories for deer and elk so a bit different. Wyoming you can only buy a point between July-October and it is good for the next season.
Thanks

I will speak for Wyoming only. If you don't draw, you get a point. There is an option if I remember right last time I set someone up to hunt, there is an option for second and third coice to also do "preference point only" if you don't draw.

I will speak for Wyoming only. If you don't draw, you get a point. There is an option if I remember right last time I set someone up to hunt, there is an option for second and third coice to also do "preference point only" if you don't draw.

What WyoDoug says, "If you don't draw, you get a point" is not true for Wyoming nonresident deer, elk and antelope. This changed a few years ago.

If you are eligible to get a preference point for deer, elk and antelope they now have to be purchased starting in early July each year.

For bighorn sheep and moose I believe there may be changes in 2021 for the way preference points are issued.

ClearCreek

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back