Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Podcast suggestions.

I've almost completely stopped listening to hunting podcasts because it sounds like the same conversation with different people and, as Millennials say: "I just can't". I really liked Shootin' the Bull because Ty and Josh have enough crude comedic banter to keep things interesting unfortunately it's been almost a year since their last episode.

Non-hunting podcasts: Small Town Murder and Crime in Sports. Same 2 comedians put them on. Be prepared for long (2hrs+) episodes.

I like "Business Movers". "Millhouse" podcast is good if you are into saltwater fishing. "The captains collective" has some good episodes as well... "Investing for beginners" is another good one.

All it takes is a goal- Jon Acuff
It’s new but good content on self improvement mixed with humor.

The Beaver State podcast is done by Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, and would likely be enjoyable to non-Oregonians. The first few episodes were a little rough, but it's generally good. Hunting, fishing, general agency management topics.

I listened to "Wildish" a few months back, and you likely won't learn anything @MTGomer, but for folks interested in a "wild" horse and Burro intro it was a decent listen.

I listen to a bunch of true crime. Dateline, monster: zodiac, Season 2 of In The Dark

The Realignment - A wonky podcast by young conservatives who recognize that the Republican party is off the rails, and that the parties in general point to the lunacy of the other to justify their own

another vote for death in the west

The portal by Eric Weinstein - The man is a genius, and says things that are true that you will not hear anywhere else. A real heterodox thinker who repeatedly makes predictions that come to bear

The richest hill - Montana public radio podcast about pollution in Butte. I like the first season anyway

Brett Weinstein Darkhorse podcast - another heterodox thinker. Kind of guest dependent

Lex Fridman- dependent on the guest but usually very interesting

fire line- another Montana public radio podcast about our relationship with fire in the west. Only four episodes out but it’s real good

Rationally speaking with Julia Galef- Guest dependent, but refreshing to hear people without an agenda actually explore problems

Jocko Podcast- most bad ass American alive?

Dan Crenshaw‘s podcast - Crenshaw is a Republican first no doubt, but he is consistent and has a lot of good points. Being someone with a proclivity to agreeing with liberals, it is good for me to listen to and balance my perspectives

Sam Harris making sense podcast- Totally guess dependent, but another guy who speaks clearly and can’t be put in a box.

all of these are well worth the time, be prepared to feel dumb when you listen to the portal, and weak when you listen to Jocko... I'd add the Nonprophet podcast, Cleared hot, and free-range American (guest dependant)

“Your life depends on it” Dr David Schneider.

The Way I heard it with Mike Rowe. I like the more recent releases as the first 120 episodes averaged 10-12 minutes. With the format change they are more than 45 minutes duration.

Left, Right & Center (KCRW) - I think a lot of folks could use a dose of healthy political discourse and be exposed to different political leanings
Political Gabfest (Slate) - A little more liberal-leaning (probably hard-left for some people here) but I still really like it
FiveThirtyEight Politics - Lots of interesting info on polling and where the voters sit on issues
Throughline (NPR)
Intelligence Squared US Debates (there's also the original British one but their accents are dumb)

And if you're not easily offended - Call Her Daddy

Working class bowhunter
Deer university
Traphouse
Unashamed
Duck call room
Wood talk
No dumb questions
Lots of other random ones. Some have been mentioned already.

Last edited:
Most of the hunting ones seem to be the audio version of a social media influencer culture. ”I brought today’s guest in so we can circle jerk each other over all of the things we have killed, and throw some product placements at you...” I fantasize about the scorched earth reviews I would leave if I wasn’t such a nice guy. Present company excluded- HT, Tundra Talk and Exo are way ahead of the rest.

The portal by Eric Weinstein - The man is a genius, and says things that are true that you will not hear anywhere else. A real heterodox thinker who repeatedly makes predictions that come to bear

I’ve listened to two of them. Interesting viewpoint on elections and their credibility.

Tundra Talk
Hunt Backcountry
KifaruCast
Beyond The Kill
Finding BackCountry
BackCountry Hunting
PN Wild
The Rich Outdoors

Cant add any that hasn't already been said but when I'm in need of a change or wait for some of the preferred podcasts have a good guest I like to browse through the Parcast Newtwork of shows and episodes. Can usually find something good to listen to.

Libertarianish politics: The Reason Roundtable, The Reason Interview, The Fifth Column.

History: Hardcore History, History on Fire, The Martyrmade Podcast (really incredible, my favorite of all probably)

Miscellaneous: Recently listened to the Boomtown series on the history of the Permian Basin in Texas. That was good. Can also recommend Jocko. I like the previously mentioned Brett Weinstein DarkHorse podcast too.

If you enjoy any comedic podcasts and you're open to turning your brain off and laughing at utter nonsense, The King and The Sting is pretty tough to beat.

Don't think I say "Elk Talk" with Randy and Corey Jacobsen
Knock On with John Dudley
Trail Correspondants
HDTV and Home Theater Podcast (Ara Derdarian and Braden Russell); lots of home automation as HDTV is now mainstream
Precision Shooting Podcast (Australian)
Rokcast
Backpacker Radio
Passion City Church (Louie Giglio is pastor)

Second on Hardcore History

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back