Podcast speed

DirtyDan

This could totally be my phone and how it's been acting up lately, but it seems the last 2 podcasts have been sped up in the voice over. Almost like when you could select a different speed on the record player and everything sounded like Alvin and the Chipmunks. Anyone else notice this?

That's a setting on your phone/podcast. You can select the playback speed. You probably accidentally changed that. I did the same a few months ago and took me a while to figure out m

If it is on an iPhone, then it is really simple. Move through the app until you get to the large screen for the specific episode. This is the same screen you need to get to if you want to see a full description, or a variety of other options. There is an icon to the left of the "play" button that says "1/2", "1", "1 1/2" or "2". That is the playback speed. You just push that button until it is the speed you like.

I don't claim to know everything, but today I'm one step closer. You guys were absolutely right on the playback speed. Not sure how I did it but somehow bumped it up to 1 1/2. Been giving me a headache the last 2 episodes.
Stupid IPhone!

You'll appreciate it if you listen to some other podcasts. There is a turkey hunting podcast I listen to and he's from Alabama. No offense to the Southern guys here, but this northerner needs to listen to him at 1.5x speed sometimes!

Emrah

I listen to most podcasts at 1.5-2x depending on the oratotor and sound quality. Saves me time and keeps me focused on the person speaking.

I listen to most podcasts at 1.5-2x depending on the oratotor and sound quality. Saves me time and keeps me focused on the person speaking.

My phone will go in .1 increments (Podcast Addict app.). I usually listen on 1.3 or 1.4 to save time and I think it definitely helps keep my mind from wondering off.

Back