Poacher caught

Fines were not enough, license suspensions were better than I thought they would be.
And he was enough of a pile to post one of them up on the idaho buck and bull report page.
View attachment 146067
The guy looks like a fruit-picker. Can't get $$ blood from a turnip ... or in this case, a turd. He'll be on everyone's watch list. The hunting ban should stick. Also, punishment included restitution which would presumably include proceeds from selling bobcat.

I am not sure the timelines for which crimes were when but does the article say he was using whole pheasants to bait the traps? Did I misread or ???
Given how long ago the case was, shouldn’t it be resolved? Is there any updated info?

I'm not an experienced poacher or forensic expert but I probably have more experience analyzing facial hair growth than many on here. You don't grow a goatee or handlebar mustache in a couple of hours. I doubt the LEOs are basing their facial hair case on the density of a five o'clock shadow.

This guy is clearly not the sharpest crayon in the box. And if that buck's tonge is sticking straight out horizontally, and it certainly appears from the photo that it is, then anyone who's ever shot a deer knows it was dead for hours before the photo was taken. Won't take a medical genius to establish that as a fact. I suspect the authorities were waiting for him to incriminate himself further by blabbing about it. I suspect he did ... but only to the appropriate class of people: his fellow slob hunters.

Back in Kansas some wealthy individuals were caught poaching after a couple year investigation. These guys took out tons of deer. I think they got prison time over it. Best part, friends of theirs said it was unfair treatment for a couple guys helping to get rid of a local nuisance. People like these give hunters a bad name.

The guy looks like a fruit-picker. Can't get $$ blood from a turnip ... or in this case, a turd. He'll be on everyone's watch list. The hunting ban should stick. Also, punishment included restitution which would presumably include proceeds from selling bobcat.

You can’t get blood from a turnip, but you can throw a turnip in jail.

Back