Caribou Gear

Please help defeat James Tuchton

Not my pig, not my farm, but reading his response I actually really respect his honesty.

He made a personal choice to not eat meat, ergo he stopped hunting but still supports it. Great, no issue with that.

I can see his rationale with the wolf reintroduction as well.

The fact he actually cares about how he is portraying himself to the public is impressive in its own right.

Not my pig, not my farm, but reading his response I actually really respect his honesty.

He made a personal choice to not eat meat, ergo he stopped hunting but still supports it. Great, no issue with that.

I can see his rationale with the wolf reintroduction as well.

The fact he actually cares about how he is portraying himself to the public is impressive in its own right.
He is two faced if you ask me. Says what he thinks the audience wants to hear. Just look at what he actually said in the meetings. Different audience and he said things that were very antihunting. Like I said a former hunter who no longer eats meat is in no way going to be for us hunters. Your fooling yourself if you think otherwise

He is two faced if you ask me. Says what he thinks the audience wants to hear. Just look at what he actually said in the meetings. Different audience and he said things that were very antihunting. Like I said a former hunter who no longer eats meat is in no way going to be for us hunters. Your fooling yourself if you think otherwise
I definitely got frustrated and the way he conducts himself at the meetings as well, I think he sidetracked a lot of discussions. The lion meeting was frustrating.

Keep in mind though he represents non-consumptive users, he’s not there to represent sportman.

Like I said a former hunter who no longer eats meat is in no way going to be for us hunters. Your fooling yourself if you think otherwise
I don't buy this logic for a second. A local commissioner in the state I live in came on board having never hunted. Ever. Avid bird watcher, and very involved with the local REI.

This commissioner ended up being one of the best I have EVER worked with in terms of looking for logical and pragmatic approaches and solutions for hunters, and is actually probably one of the staunchest allies for hunters on our commission.

Reactions: Oak
For those that would like an update. We have gotten word that the nomination of Tuchton will be going before the senate AG committee and then to the senate floor next Thursday 5/20. Please write and call your local senators if you are a resident or please write the AG committee to let them know you do not support his nomination and are requesting them to vote no. Keep it polite and simple. From what I’m hearing we are closer than we think on this. We need to be vocal and get as much support as we can before next week.

another note, when contacting your local senator please let them know you are their constituent.

senate AG committee

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Screenshot_20210512-220032_Chrome.jpg

His support for wolf reintroduction is true, however.

“I am pro-wolf. They got me there,” Tutchton said. “But so are a majority of Coloradans. I think the majority of Coloradans should be represented on the CPW commission.”

November’s wolf reintroduction ballot measure was passed in Colorado with 50.9% of voters saying yes.

Sure... 0.9% over that 50% and this includes city folk who've no clue the iceberg dead ahead... but hey, it's a majority...

No crow in this fight though Randy sure had some strong words and this guy was a strong backer / supporter of the farce of cwd reduction by the forced reintroduction of wolves, etc...

Wouldn't be on my supported side. I'll have to pass along your info to my friends so they can make a well informed decision.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back