Play Station 3 questions

Calif. Hunter

I broke down and bought one for a couple of reasons - my kid will love it, and I can control his usage and even use it for leverage to get him to finish his homework - "No games until the homework is done...period!" Also, it plays the Bluray DVDs.

The question is - does it come with the cables needed to connect to an HD TV, or do I have to buy them? I haven't even opened the box yet since it came yesterday and I got home late from taking a client to dinner. I was thinking that I would just have the satellite guy hook it up when he installs the direct TV hookup on Monday, but I will need the correct cables.

Anyone have experience with the PS 3?

It does not come with the HDMI cable for high def it does come with cables to hook it up to a tv though you just wont get the high def out of them. Ebay has alot of pretty good HDMI cables at a good price that is where I picked mine up at.

His time on it will be monitored and controlled. I don't play any of them myself. Actually, he is too hyper to sit and play too long. He usually plays a video game for a while,then gets out his light sabers or toy figures and creates his own physical games outside.

Now I just have to figure out 18 or 19 pins and whether the device has male or female connections?

I think it is funny that a PS3 can play blue ray and MPEG4 video, besides the gameing, and still costs less than some blue ray players!

I don't know I still have PS1. My son wanted PS 3 sent to him but his mother said he got a D in one of his classes so I sent him clothes for Christmas.

It depends on which version and how many gig in the hard drive. 40 gig is about $400 at Walmart, Best Buy, etc. 80 gig with a game, online access, etc is about $499.

They offer different packages, like a Spiderman version, etc. for different prices, too.

And the 40 gig will not play any of the ps1 or ps2 games but the 80 will and those games are cheaper to buy so that is a factor to look at as well.

the PS3 40 gig will not play PS2 games $399
the PS3 80 gig will play PS2 games $499
the blue ray tech is awsum Ive watched it at best buy a few times, but you have to have a good tv also. 1080p with 120 htz not 60htz like most tvs were last year and the year before.
1080 I works ok but not near as good as the 1080p

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back