Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Plate ‘em up

Dammit, man! If it wasn't for living in New York I would have to move and be your neighbor! ;) Awesome looking plates.

Forgot to get a picture of the full plate but I cooked these 2 tritips over a Red Oak BBQ Wednesday. Served with beans, salad and Sourdough bread.
As a side note I aged these for a little over 1 month in my refrigerator vacuum sealed and flipping every 4-5 days. I have previously gone 2-3 weeks but I think I’ll stick to 1 month now. They were amazingly tender.
31DA2F43-BEEB-43A9-84D0-D78110050B0C.jpeg

@Hunting Wife recipe for Moroccan Grilled Sharptails translated to Spruce Grouse.

EXCELLENT!
s8iMQRT.jpg

Wow that spruce grouse looks amazing! New member... do you have recipe posted somewhere. Would like to give it a go with couple sharptail shot this week.

I love to make a pot pie with all the carcass meat after I take the breast’s, legs/thighs and wings off.
That’s using the resource.!

I clean it and drop the whole carcass at the butcher and they smoke it for me, cut it in half, and vacuum seal it. Half a tom makes three pot pies. I make it at family get togethers. We usually eat two of the pies and my brother and sister fight over who takes home how much of the third pie. Probably the best way I know of to introduce people to wild game.

That’s using the resource.!

I clean it and drop the whole carcass at the butcher and they smoke it for me, cut it in half, and vacuum seal it. Half a tom makes three pot pies. I make it at family get togethers. We usually eat two of the pies and my brother and sister fight over who takes home how much of the third pie. Probably the best way I know of to introduce people to wild game.
I honestly didn’t know there were butchers that would take wild turkeys! I smoke 1 breast, 1 breast is schnitzel or boneless wings, legs/thigh and wing are carnitas, carcass meat is either ground up for burger or I make a pot pie. And the carcass goes in the stock pot.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back