Plate ‘em up

First attempt at turkey pot pie for me. Read a couple of recipes and then sorta winged it with the remainder of the leg/thigh meat from this years bird. I forgot the mushrooms, leaving them next to the skillet when I was cooking the veggies.

No soggy bottom as the crust is only on top and tucked down the side a bitty-bit.

FCA304C6-1845-41E4-B459-C7103E4307FA.jpeg

5D271E67-6C28-4ADE-958A-3AC2C1E970F2.jpeg

8498CB70-435C-46A1-8CB8-C0AEEBD57D6C.jpeg

First attempt at turkey pot pie for me. Read a couple of recipes and then sorta winged it with the remainder of the leg/thigh meat from this years bird. I forgot the mushrooms, leaving them next to the skillet when I was cooking the veggies.

No soggy bottom as the crust is only on top and tucked down the side a bitty-bit.

View attachment 275921

View attachment 275922

View attachment 275923
I just love the fact that you used the term "bitty-bit" when describing a pot pie

Mother of God you are a ninja.
Haha thank you. We prepared the poppers, deviled eggs and components for the Mac and cheese last night. Just had to bake the Mac and cheese and poppers. Everything else was easy on the BBQ pit and smoker. I finished about 1/2 the chicken on the bbq and the rest just turned up the Traeger to crisp them. I did forget I grilled some jalapeños and green onions also. 😂

IMG_6324.jpeg
IMG_6326.jpeg

so out hear at the Outer Banks working, staying in my tent, cooked up some feral hog backstrap (butterflied), some tomato, spinach (with a sprinkle of olive oil and some salt/pepper) and a homemade aioli (mayonnaise, siracha, lime juice and garlic powder) to dip the bites of pork in,,,

dang good if I say so myself

IMG_4259.jpeg

Daughter (who lives 2,000 miles away): Can you make crispy rice spicy tuna the next time I visit?
Me: What the hell is that?
Her: Spicy tuna like sushi, but you fry little rice cakes and put it on them. All the cool kids order it when we go out.
Me: I always wanted to be one of the cool kids. I’ll figure it out.
Me: Hey Google….

These thing are actually really good. Will make a great party app.

IMG_0053.jpeg

so out hear at the Outer Banks working, staying in my tent, cooked up some feral hog backstrap (butterflied), some tomato, spinach (with a sprinkle of olive oil and some salt/pepper) and a homemade aioli (mayonnaise, siracha, lime juice and garlic powder) to dip the bites of pork in,,,

dang good if I say so myself

View attachment 276147
Impressive camp cuisine

Back