Plate ‘em up

Those chops are one of my favorite things to reverse sear with the sous vide. They are so delicious and moist.
I buy a bunch when they are on sale and then individually vacuum pack them with aromatics and put them in the freezer. Thyme gives a great flavor, but I often also add rosemary and/or sage leaves. Toss one in the sous vide for 60-90 mins whenever I’m in the mood for it, and then pan sear a nice crust on it in cast iron. Finish it by basting in a brown butter with the aromatics and some fresh garlic cloves. Turns out amazing - every time.

IMG_1667.jpegIMG_1512.jpeg

I buy a bunch when they are on sale and then individually vacuum pack them with aromatics and put them in the freezer. Thyme gives a great flavor, but I often also add rosemary and/or sage leaves. Toss one in the sous vide for 60-90 mins whenever I’m in the mood for it, and then pan sear a nice crust on it in cast iron. Finish it by basting in a brown butter with the aromatics and some fresh garlic cloves. Turns out amazing - every time.

View attachment 322577View attachment 322578
What temp are you cooking them at?

View attachment 322577View attachment 322578

that description may have finally convinced me to get a sous vide apparatus

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back