Place to Practice - Greater Philadelphia - Southeast PA

Septa2131

Hey All,

Hope everyone is staying healthy. I am newer to archery and live in the city of Philadelphia - so no backyard shooting for me. With all ranges closed, I was wondering if anyone knew of a place in Southeast PA that allowed shooting right now (I have a target etc.). Looking to get out and practice, but having a hard time finding somewhere to do so legally!

Any advice welcome!

SE PA

It would be a long ride for you, but check out Brubaker Park Archery Range in Lancaster County. Free to use and pretty nice. Hardly ever see anyone there. Targets from 15-40 yds.

It would be a long ride for you, but check out Brubaker Park Archery Range in Lancaster County. Free to use and pretty nice. Hardly ever see anyone there. Targets from 15-40 yds.
Really appreciate the tip! I will certainly give them a call. I am okay to drive, just looking for somewhere to get some practice in and enjoy the outdoors. Would love if I owned a bunch of land in a time like this :). My goal is to get confident and skilled enough to bowhunt, so have to get the reps in.

Just take your target to a park and get away from other folks or a sgl near you

You can target shoot hunting rifles and bows on any state game lands as long as you have a safe backstop and are not damaging any trees. Closest to you would be near Collegeville, Souderton, Pheonixville, Perkasie, and a few others. Unfortunately none that are very close to you but what can you expect in one of the largest metro areas in the country.

You can target shoot hunting rifles and bows on any state game lands as long as you have a safe backstop and are not damaging any trees. Closest to you would be near Collegeville, Souderton, Pheonixville, Perkasie, and a few others. Unfortunately none that are very close to you but what can you expect in one of the largest metro areas in the country.
Thank you! I actually called the state game land and they told me I could not target shoot, which is why I am finding it hard to understand what is/isn't allowed. I am totally willing to make the drive out to SGL 234, but am not getting clear answers on what is allowed as I know the range is closed, just trying to target shoot on open land.

Thank you! I actually called the state game land and they told me I could not target shoot, which is why I am finding it hard to understand what is/isn't allowed. I am totally willing to make the drive out to SGL 234, but am not getting clear answers on what is allowed as I know the range is closed, just trying to target shoot on open land.
All ranges are closed but you can target shoot anywhere BUT a range outside of big game seasons with a legal hunting weapon using a safe backstop and not damaging trees on all state game lands

Edit: PA 58 code, section 135.41 (c) (15). Forgot to add that you also are required to have a valid PA hunting license

Last edited:
Join the closest archery or gun club to your home or work. You will learn more about shooting and make some friends

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back