Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Place bets on how soon Utah any Bull licenses sell out?

GrantK

so I screwed up and got sidetracked at work this morning and didn't get on the Utah DWR site until 7:45ish... currently sitting at 7165 in the queue, do you think that tags will sell out before I get to the front? It appears that I have moved up around 500 spots in 45 minutes, at that rate it could be a 10-hour wait? anyone else sitting in line? Maybe I should just drive over to Moab?

At this point I'll give Utah some props, their website hasn't crashed yet... (looking at you Colorado...) it does look like the days of buying a tag a week after release are over, currently at 2306...

I jumped on about 7:45 as well and was 38xx in line. An hour later it was 2932 and then it just stopped and never got any lower. So I saw the note at the bottom of the screen about retail locations, drove 1/2 mile to Walmart in Park City. There were 12 people ahead of me in line, most of them having similar issues with the app freezing at certain position and no longer updating. 30 mins in line and I walked out just before 10:00am with a tag.

The lady at the counter said there were still 14,000 of the 17,500 tags available when I got mine. So I’m assuming the online system was not working very well to have only processed 3500 tags in 2 hours (less what were being sold at retail locations). I’d chalk it up as another shit show for the online system this year. Going forward, I’ll just make sure I’m in UT on the sale date and go to Walmart. They also sell them at the local Smiths grocery store which may have had an even shorter line.

I’m now armed with bull and cow tags in both WY and UT, and a cow tag in MT. Still waiting to hear on leftover Big Game Combo in MT. Combined with buck deer and antelope in WY, it’s gonna be a busy fall!

I ended up getting a tag at 1:30, at that point there were around 2500 left, fortunately, I have the luxury of being at my computer for work all day, I'll admit to being pretty surprised that there were still tags available after a 6-hour wait, I'm also surprised that the system didn't have bigger hiccups, it froze for 20-30 minutes a couple of times but ultimately besides being incredibly slow it worked really well...

Now to find out how tough OTC Utah really is, given the lack of success I have had in the draws this year I'm pretty excited about getting a second bull tag...

I ended up getting a tag at 1:30, at that point there were around 2500 left, fortunately, I have the luxury of being at my computer for work all day, I'll admit to being pretty surprised that there were still tags available after a 6-hour wait, I'm also surprised that the system didn't have bigger hiccups, it froze for 20-30 minutes a couple of times but ultimately besides being incredibly slow it worked really well...

Now to find out how tough OTC Utah really is, given the lack of success I have had in the draws this year I'm pretty excited about getting a second bull tag...
That tag covers a lot of ground, so you should be able to find something that meets your needs. Much of it is along the I-15 corridor, so you’ll have lots of company there. Uintas is tough country but better opportunities to get away from the crowds.

Purple shaded areas are huntable on the General Bull Elk any legal weapon tag.

6CE553B0-EE04-4E0E-9AC9-8108F67E881B.jpeg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back