Pilots out of Dillon, MT?

jryoung

Does anyone know or have contact info for a pilot/charter out of Dillon, MT (or elsewhere in SW MT)?

I'm headed up to scout SW MT in August with a focus on 321, 329, 331, 332 and or 334.

I only have the weekend and was thinking a couple hour flight over the area would really help me get a better perspective of where to focus on the ground and afterwards on Google Earth.

If you have any thoughts or advice I'd be very appreciative.

Does anyone know or have contact info for a pilot/charter out of Dillon, MT (or elsewhere in SW MT)?

I'm headed up to scout SW MT in August with a focus on 321, 329, 331, 332 and or 334.

I only have the weekend and was thinking a couple hour flight over the area would really help me get a better perspective of where to focus on the ground and afterwards on Google Earth.

If you have any thoughts or advice I'd be very appreciative.

I'd do google earth first, find some places that look interesting, and then get your hiking boots on;)

Yeah, I'd definitely do the Google Earth thing. I am a pilot myself, and I have all kids of opportunities to spot when it comes to wildlife, but sometimes it just doesn't feel like the gamesmanship that hunting requires lends itself to spotting by air. Plus, if you get your hiking boots on, nobody will be pissed at you for flying overhead repeatedly, spotting the wildlife they so desperately want to find, track and kill.

Good luck...

There's plenty of google earthing going on.....just about everyday.

I'm not looking to spot game (I'll be flying 60 days before I hunt), but cover dozens of square miles And learn what I can about potential spots what I can't from google earth. Especially since I'm looking at up to 5 HDs. This will be the first time my brother has ever hunted, and unfortunately one of my Dads last, if we can come away successful I'm hoping to have a new hunting partner once my Dad hangs up his rifle.

Maybe I've put too much pressure on myself, but I'd really like us to come away successful as it will go a long way to get my brother to hunt again.

I'd never flown low and slow before Until a hunt in BC last year ( we were flown out of camp). Even though we had been hunting that area for 7 days prior it gave me a whole new perspective on the landscape.

I hope the hunt will be successful, even if your tags go unfilled. Don't get caught up putting the emphasis on the kill. If you do, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back