Pig hunting in Texas

HuntnFool

I haven't posted here on Hunt Talk much but I have been coming on here quit a bit lately. I have been thinking about taking a trip to Texas to hunt some pigs. I had someone tell me about a site huntingwithjeff.com and was wondering if anyone has hunted with them. The guy that was telling me about it said he had a blast. And they have a deal right now where you can shoot three hogs and one auodad plus lodging and food for $600 if I remember correctly. And that includes cleaning and quartering you game.

Here is the link to the page again

http://huntingwithjeff.com/

the guys here are talking about getting a group together to go on a hunt in texas look though some old message bourds about a month ago

This is my first post in the forum but I see LOTS of familiar names.

I have hunted the Double C Ranch with Jeff and must say it was the very best hunting I have experienced with an outfitter. Three of us went for the Hog/Aoudad hunt 3 years ago. The facilities are 4 Star and you are treated royally. The food is top notch and the bar is the bombhump. The guides are first rate and most have been there for years. Our guide was a young man that Jeff had hired out of a University in Missoury to manage the whitetails. The field dressing and processing is also wonderful with your meat being vacuum packed. There was no shortage of hogs (free ranging is what I shot). In fact I was fortunate enough to get 6 hogs one evening out of 3 groups with 5 shots. Yes, miracles do happen. :D If you go, ask them about the lever gun bunch that hunted 3 years ago. They were amazed and we were famous down there for our 15 minutes of fame. For the facilities, food, bar, guides and other overhead that it takes to operate a facility like that, I figure Jeff doesn't break even on the hog hunts but does manage to get cash flow during the off season.

I will be going again this February with a group organized from the various forums I frequent.

Dave:cool:

I can do without the audad. The price is high for a pig hunt. Dont need 4 star accomadations either. A shack with a grill, stove and chest freezer is fine with me.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back