Pics from the trap line

My last word on the subject,it's time for me to move on.

belly-deep i'm still not sure i understand your position.Pics ''Bad''. Discussion ''Good''.Does that about sum up your thoughts on the matter?

In my opinion the pics in this thread and the pics in the link that ridge runner provided are light years apart.I have some old black and whites of my Grandpa with deer tied on the fenders of his old willys jeep that i would never dream of recreating. I guess that means i understand your point of Pics being visceral.I do not however buy into the notion that when we look up and trapping has been outlawed nation wide we will have the OP to thank.

Since you think that''it will get trapping banned if pics keep popping up on the web''. What are your thoughts about ''Tasteful'' pics of wolves?Are all photos to be avoided because the less enlightened may take offense?

Ridge runner nice post, the knucklehead in the link needs to take some heat if what is reported is true. However just because someones taking a bunch of heat from the general public and the media,on a topic they know little about that's not necessarily a bad thing. Ask Big Fin.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I believe there are some things the general public will never understand, no matter how you explain it. I believe trapping is one of those things, and as such, should not be photographed and posted on the web.

If you don't believe me, print those photographs and ask the first 50 people you meet on the street what they see in the photos. 49 of them will say they see an animal suffering in a trap.

Several states have illustrated the future of trapping can quickly end with negative publicity and a ballot initiative. This is when trappers should be treading lightly.

I did a quick informal survey here in my office and showed the pictures to some of my co-workers and they commented on how pretty the cats were and they commented that the young girl was out there with him. Not one mentioned the traps in a negative context. Of course they may be callous to that type of thing because I have a full body mount bobcat sitting on my credenza behind my desk.

I think the future of trapping will be MUCH stronger if hunters will join them to promote and advance it instead of working against it or trying to hide it. There are 100+ times more hunters than trappers so when it comes time for the antis to pass a ballot inititative, wouldn't it be much better if more hunters were exposed to trapping and the proper way to do it and understood it better? Before I actually did some trapping I had zero exposure to it and if push came to shove I don't think I would have gone out of my way to try to keep trapping alive. By educating hunters on a hunting forum about trapping and what it accomplishes and how humane it actually is, I think it really helps to dispell the terrible myths that there are about trapping.

I've done a little educating at the church camp that I go to there in southwest Montana and it is amazing how brainwashed the average person is about trapping. When I took a 1.5 single long spring trap off the wall that was being used as decoration and triggered it with my finger and let it shut on my fingers, people thought my fingers were going to get cut off.

If the only ones talking about trapping are the antis and they are making up complete lies about it then eventually it will be taken away.

I my opinion which means nothing anyway but ....love the pics and if it offends anyone to bad. This is an outdoor based web site where there are countless pictures of dead animals. As long as you took it fair chase and by legal means...keep um coming.Did Big Fin decide not to air a wolf episode because it might have offended someone....I think not... I myself living where I do, do not have a lot of the opportunities that a lot of you on here do so I appreciate seeing the pics and reading the stories.....Just thinking out loud....:cool:

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back