Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Phoneskope vs Universal mount

MThuntr

You guys that do a little digiscoping...I'd like to get something for my phone that I can mount to a pair of binos or a spotter to improve picture quality and be able to catch a video. Last month I struggled to get maybe 1 in 10 pictures to actually work through a pair of binos mounted to a tripod.

Would you spend the $ on a PhoneSkope setup or just buy a universal adapter?

Just ordered a new Phoneskope case today and really like them for simplicity and easy to use.
What phone do you have?

I have used two universal mounts; I’ll be going phone scope at some point. It’s pennies in the scheme of things capturing those moments in the field

You guys that do a little digiscoping...I'd like to get something for my phone that I can mount to a pair of binos or a spotter to improve picture quality and be able to catch a video. Last month I struggled to get maybe 1 in 10 pictures to actually work through a pair of binos mounted to a tripod.

Would you spend the $ on a PhoneSkope setup or just buy a universal adapter?
I bought the PhoneSkope and have loved it. Took it on a sheep hunt and got some great shots in 2020.
Was a very Successful hunt even without bringing home the trophy - and the pictures I have are awesome. Better spotter would have helped, and not using max power also adds clarity.

And a better tripod - I have a cheap tripod that gets the job done but is not fantastic.

I used to try and use a universal one then I bucked it up and bought the phonescope. It was well worth the upgrade.

I’ve only used the phone scope and an off brand universal. I like the phone scope because it’s two pieces. If you upgrade phones you only have to purchase one part plus they used to have a buy back program for old parts. I didn’t check to see if they still offer it though. Likewise if you changeoptics only one piece to buy. They just work.

Is this Magview going to give PhoneSkope a run for its money? If anyone has tried it out, please advise. It is more costly, but geez, it's more streamlined and less cumbersome- you don't have to change out phone cases.

I hate having to take my phone out of its case to put it in the Phoneskope case. This product allows you to keep your 'good case' on it while using it to digiscope.

I have a product that is similar to my truck's phone holder (MFG: Cell Hellmet). It has a metal plate stuck to my phone and a magnet to hold it upright. If the magnet is anywhere close to this strength, then there shouldn't be any concern about how strong this digiscope from Magview will hold:

Is this Magview going to give PhoneSkope a run for its money? If anyone has tried it out, please advise. It is more costly, but geez, it's more streamlined and less cumbersome- you don't have to change out phone cases.

I hate having to take my phone out of its case to put it in the Phoneskope case. This product allows you to keep your 'good case' on it while using it to digiscope.

I have a product that is similar to my truck's phone holder (MFG: Cell Hellmet). It has a metal plate stuck to my phone and a magnet to hold it upright. If the magnet is anywhere close to this strength, then there shouldn't be any concern about how strong this digiscope from Magview will hold:

The fact at least three magnetic adapters came out at essentially the same time is kinda interesting. I’d guess someone came up with a design and sold it to multiple companies to market

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back