PEAX Equipment

Phone Skope or similar?

Wild Bill

Anybody using anything other than a Phone Skope for their digiscoping setup?
I’ve got an iPhone 11 that never leaves its lifeproof case and I’d prefer to keep it that way.
Obviously a handful of options on the market but I was just curious what others are using.
Thanks in advance.

I went with a tines up setup last year. It is kick a**. Completely universal for any optic and can put a tab on any phone case or just go with their case. Priced decent condidering it fits everything, can swap between binos and spotter in seconds. I'd go with it again in a heartbeat

I went with a Spot Shot from SME. It has it’s own embedded camera and then uses WiFi to transmit to your mobile device, thus eliminating the need to physically mount your phone to the scope. I’ve played around with it some and like it so far. Have not put it through hard paces in the filed yet though.

I second the tinesup phonecam, entirely universal and the phone case allows you to put in on your pocket comfortably unlike the phoneskope which has a pancake sized plastic disk. Tinesup is durable lightweight aluminum.

Confession, I like trying the cheap options first, but the plus side is that it helps me better appreciate nice gear.
That being said, I would highly recommend against the getting Vankey universal adaptor and similar models. The one I have works well once it is attached. So they might be ok for a bird watcher, but they take way too much time, every time, to set up. It gets really annoying when animals pop out for just a quick look.

I tries an S4 universal adapter on my Iphone 8 and it was not adequate. Too much movement , and would not stay aligned. The part that grips the phone was not big enough to fit my phone in its case.

I'm considering the Tine up for my next one.

I am lost on this stuff ! can someone give me a link or where can I get Tines up. For I phone 11.............Thanks ...................BOB!

Novagrade is perhaps the gold standard. Works fantastic, but too heavy for me to take on a backpack hunt. Probably the $15 plastic jobs on Amazon will work well enough to film a kill shot sequence, and they weigh almost nothing.

I am lost on this stuff ! can someone give me a link or where can I get Tines up. For I phone 11.............Thanks ...................BOB!
Here is the website.

I've been using the Side-Shot scope mount paired with my old iphone 6 that I kept after I upgraded to the iphone 8. I think it was orginally intended for just the high-powered airguns, but I've used it on anything and everything. Definitely makes it easy, but sometimes the scope rings need to be modified in order to fit the mount onto the scope tube. I made a quick video of the mod, and there is some examples of the quality of the video from the Side-Shot towards the end. Highly recommended.

I’ve got an iPhone 11 and use it with my phone scope. I’ve got no issues it. Downside is you can’t use it with a case. I just leave it attached to my phone scope and keep it in my pocket when in the field when not in use. After reading the comments I will look into this Tines up thing and see what it’s all about as well.

Back