Yeti GOBOX Collection

Persistance payed off for my 110-50 Montana Moose tag

buglefern

After 25 days and more grizzly sightings than moose I was finally able to seal the deal on a nice bull moose. I turned one small bull down after the first 5 days thinking I would have more time find something a little more mature. Bad choice on my behalf, trying to put the sneak on a moose in new growth that is 7 feet tall and separated by inches didn't pan out. I had a really nice bull run across the road in front of my truck but It just happened to be private. Overall it was gorgeous country and mentally draining trying to stay positive after all the miles walked and all the miles put on just covering territory. I'm glad I had numerous hunting partners to tag along throughout the weekly outings that I took off. My Dad accompanied me on which would have been my last outing out for this creature. So it was pretty special to harvest my first moose with my dad, since he was there when I harvested my first bull elk 24 years ago. Thanks for the help from some of the HT folks on their advice. The bonus is the moose tastes awesome and I made it out without having to tango with a grizzly!11612.jpg1114161442.jpg

Congrats on an awesome bull! I also drew a moose tag this year in the southwest corner of the state and we hunted hard for 12 days before I shot mine. I thought Montana moose hunting was going to be easy but it definitely was not!

That's a great looking bull. Hunting them in the thick stuff is sure a challenge.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back