Caribou Gear

Pending Archery World Record Sheep

montanadogs

Does anyone have a the story on this sheep? Just got the pic emailed from a buddy. Guy by the name of Jim Hens Shot it.

Attachments

• sheep.jpg
    sheep.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 3,927
Nice sheep! But If I'm ever in a photo posing like that, I give each one of you permission to kick me square in the nuts!

LMAO @ BRI!!! :D I agree!

Supposed to score 203"!!!!! Missouri River breaks, 2012, archery, at 84 yards or something like that. That is what I've read so far...

BTW...I didn't know he hunted! :)

Attachments

• mr-clean-logo[1].jpg
    mr-clean-logo[1].jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 2,436
Last edited:
Dude has killed a lot of big chit. Doubt I'd be kickin without his permission.

Man pays $300,000 to hunt bighorn sheep in Montana
Print Email 2012-02-05T17:00:00Z 2012-02-05T17:20:02Z Man pays $300,000 to hunt bighorn sheep in MontanaThe Associated Press The Associated Press
February 05, 2012 5:00 pm • Associated Press(0) CommentsGREAT FALLS - A New York man has paid $300,000 for a license to hunt bighorn sheep in Montana this fall.

The special auction license was bought last month by James Hens of East Bern, N.Y., at the Wild Sheep Foundation convention in Reno, Nev.

With the license, Hens will be able to take a bighorn in any Montana sheep hunting district this fall.

The Fish, Wildlife and Parks commission authorizes several groups to auction big-game tags. The groups get 10 percent of the money and the rest goes to FWP for research and habitat improvement for the species.

The most ever paid for a bighorn sheep tag was $310,000 in 1994.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...7b5-5c7e-9322-75e1238ee49c.html#ixzz26HuWWuMp

Man pays $300,000 to hunt bighorn sheep in Montana
Print Email 2012-02-05T17:00:00Z 2012-02-05T17:20:02Z Man pays $300,000 to hunt bighorn sheep in MontanaThe Associated Press The Associated Press
February 05, 2012 5:00 pm • Associated Press(0) CommentsGREAT FALLS - A New York man has paid $300,000 for a license to hunt bighorn sheep in Montana this fall.

The special auction license was bought last month by James Hens of East Bern, N.Y., at the Wild Sheep Foundation convention in Reno, Nev.

With the license, Hens will be able to take a bighorn in any Montana sheep hunting district this fall.

The Fish, Wildlife and Parks commission authorizes several groups to auction big-game tags. The groups get 10 percent of the money and the rest goes to FWP for research and habitat improvement for the species.

The most ever paid for a bighorn sheep tag was $310,000 in 1994.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...7b5-5c7e-9322-75e1238ee49c.html#ixzz26HuWWuMp

Just shared the link on Sitka's facebook page. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry, but I will take my 180 class ram I shot with my bow at 20 yards, by myself and packed it out alone!

ANYONE can shoot a big animal if they have the money!!!!

John

I love the animal. It's a beautiful example of good genetics and diet. The hunter obviously has skills.
I wish the background story was different.
I am getting tired of...
"this just in....recently a rich dude spent a mint on a tag a commoner will never see. Hunter then spent 30 days in the back country with 18 of his closest (for pay) friends. Said tag was used to harvest NEW WORLD RECORD (elk, deer, moose, sheep, goat, etc). Photo included (trophy is the one not smiling).":hump:

So what he spent a bunch of money. 90% of the money from the tag is going to help MT FWP. I would rather have someone hunt hard for a ram that bought the tag, than some redneck poaching the ram.

I think these tags are beneficial overall. Yes it allows rich-azzes to buy a hunt basically wherever but that's a lot of money that helps us the hunters. Well maybe more so if we had the right people running our FWP.

So what he spent a bunch of money.

I don't think that's what they meant... Is it ethical to send out an army to hunt a sheep? I really don't care how he hunts, but I know I'd have WAY more success if I had 10 guys scouting for me, or pushing animals to me, or whatever. So, I'll take Wapiti Warriors trophy any day over that guy's.

Back