pellet burner

gspman

Morning all
I have a 12x14 wall tent with a yukon 3 cylinder stove. I have been seriously considereing adding a pellet burner on the back of the cylinder stove. The website indicates a 12 hour continuous burn and can burn conventional wood as well.
Has anybody used a setup similar to what i am thinking.
Do they work well?

I have a pellet burner for our camp stove and it is awesome. I guy in Townsend MT makes them and they work great. No getting up in the middle of the night to load the stove or start a fire. I can find his number if you want it.

Im eyeing these as well about how much does it take to keep it burning all night

I don't mind stoking the fire during the night, But it is hard to get a good hot fire going with the crap wood found at camp. I brought a bag of coal with me last year. I couldn't get a fire hot enuf to get it started.

Earlybird, thats good news, cuz i think i am going to drop the hammer and get one.
what elevation have you used it at?

I am not on horseback so the extra weight is not an issue?

I guess a forty lb bag for 12 hours, not that you would want to run it continuously. I think i would only use it for sack time.

I am also thinking i better get mine ordered, it seems like they are always on backorder !!!!

Back