Yeti GOBOX Collection

Pedestal Mount

Personally, I can do without the fake habitat bullshit attached to mounts. Serious dust catchers that are seriously difficult to clean
I agree with you up to a point. Sometimes the fake habitat can be too much and it takes away from the mount. Other times the lack of habitat materials makes the mount look too sterile.

Here is my Texas Aoudad mount as it came from my taxidermist.
AfS7oTwl.jpg

I think that it looked too sterile, so I added some habitat materials,
h8I9u8cl.jpg

SwaggyD, are you a politician? :unsure:
Probably should be. Not a taxidermist so I don’t know why they call them wall “pedestal” mounts. But the base for most pedestal mounts are way too big for my liking.

Very nice in a corner! Works very well filling that space next to the door. What does the mounting hardware look like? The other wall looks a bit barren. Any plans for that? I suggest a nice wildlife print. Here's a few suggestions.
16806323657313783375031888863986.jpg
16806324002814602957385744872157.jpg
16806324495395682757032903212431.jpg

Last edited:
Oh don't worry my wife has plenty of other regular decor on that wall too ha!

I essentially made a shelf in the corner to square up the mount how i wanted and get to the studs. Stained it so it doesn't have the plain wood look although most of it is covered anyways.
Very nice in a corner! Works very well filling that space next to the door. What does the mounting hardware look like? The other wall looks a bit barren. Any plans for that? I suggest a nice wildlife print. Here's a few suggestion

Really like how you used the shelf to place him in the corner. Great way to use the short wall.

Got my mount back!! Really happy how it turned out. Glad you guys talked me into the wall pedestal style, works great in a corner!

Curious roughly what the measurement from brisket to top of skull is on the form.

I have a Wedge shaped wall above the header going into my kitchen and I'd contemplated whether a wall pedestal would hug the wall but not be too tall

Curious roughly what the measurement from brisket to top of skull is on the form.

I have a Wedge shaped wall above the header going into my kitchen and I'd contemplated whether a wall pedestal would hug the wall but not be too tall
This one is about 22-23" hard to get a good measurement

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back