Yeti GOBOX Collection

Paunsaugunt Deer Tag

elkhunterUT

Just found out I drew a Paunsaugunt Archery Deer Tag for here in Utah. Just wondering if any of you have hunted the unit recently?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
You can email me at [email protected] if you would prefer.

Thanks,
Cory

Congrats!!! Big Sky has hunted there in the past, if he sees this I'm sure he'll chime in. Shouldn't be too hard to find some nice bucks there if the crowds not too bad.

You are a lucky dog. The Paunsagaunt tag is still a very coveted tag by everyone I know. I have never personally hunted it so I can't be of much help. I just wanted to express my congratulations.

Let's pray for a lot of moisture during the green up time so the antlers can grow to full potential.

Have a blast. I only drew a general ML Deer tag for Northern Utah. I know, I can actually buy that tag over the counter, but I am always afraid that the year I don't put in for it they will all sell out and I will be out of luck.

Anyways, good luck and have fun. Let us know how it all goes. FH

Fire Hawk- Congrats also. I'm looking forward to chasing some muleys in UT for the first time.

ElkhunterUT, I drew my tag back in '92 and it was for rifle season so nothing from that hunt would likely be of useful information to you. However I still have a couple bud's that live down there that you should contact and see if they won't give you some good up to date information. One of them is a taxidermist in Panquitch and has lived there forever. He killed a nice buck with his bow on the Pauns a while back. The other is from Tropic and has lived there his whole life and guides for a living. His ugly mug is in Trophy Hunter magazine all the time. Email me and I'll give you their names.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back