Parrots, finally.

Sweet little lens, first one I bought after buying my camera years ago. Are you running it on an FX or DX body?

Last edited:
7200 (DX) someday I hope to get an FX. 750 if you are looking for a last minute Christmas gift for me.:D

Best I got for you is a slightly used d7000 that back focuses my sigma 70-200. I'm currently shooting a d7100.

I prefer wildlife, so I'm not sure stepping into a full frame is needed for my style. Not a lot of mountains out here so I don't really have to go super wide, vast and empty is easily conveyed on a crop sensor. Although, it would be nice to have that extra option in the quiver and I have collected fair number of FX capable lenses.

Best I got for you is a slightly used d7000 that back focuses my sigma 70-200. I'm currently shooting a d7100.

I prefer wildlife, so I'm not sure stepping into a full frame is needed for my style. Not a lot of mountains out here so I don't really have to go super wide, vast and empty is easily conveyed on a crop sensor. Although, it would be nice to have that extra option in the quiver and I have collected fair number of FX capable lenses.

I am a damn liar. The pics above were shot with my 7000. My 7200 is permanently attached to my 500 f4. If I ever get a FX, that may change. Sometimes crop sensor with the 500 is too much for elk, bison and sheep....sometimes.

I am a damn liar. The pics above were shot with my 7000. My 7200 is permanently attached to my 500 f4. If I ever get a FX, that may change. Sometimes crop sensor with the 500 is too much for elk, bison and sheep....sometimes.

I know what you mean. I've got a 150-500 that only hits 500 when I'm shooting birds.

Back