Park City

JV842

Got a few ?s for people from or who know about Park City; my wife n I want to take my parents there on or about the beginning of April. Will there still be snow; not looking to ski , just to see, will the spring break crowd be gone, cabin/chalet rental advice, restaurants n things to do?
Been looking online, VRBO, Air BnB, n a few other places, but wanted to throw it out there to get some word from the horse’s mouth also.
Thnx

There will be snow, though likely not around town just on the mtn, probably lots of dirt patches, depends on the snow year.

Definitely no crowds. Worth looking at hotel rates as they may be cheaper than personal rentals as person rental prices tend to be more static.

April will definitely be closer to shoulder or even off-peak and you should be able to find some reasonable lodging deals. I don't think Park City is any more expensive than other mountain resort towns. Its proximity to a major airport and the Wasatch Front can make it a little busier than other similar places on a given day. Probably won't be any snow left in town, but you might get a fast melting storm that comes through while you're there. Lots to do there, just depends on your interests.

Last edited:
There is a reason for ski towns referring to a "Mud Season"......snow is iffy, and but still found in shaded north facing areas, the rest is shoe deep mud.

we did Park City in Sept two years ago, most restaurants offered 2 for 1 when a dessert is bought. The place we stayed was at least half the price in ske season. It was fun.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back