pack question

skimerhorn

I've narrowed my pack choice down to the tenzig 400 and the horn hunter full curl. Does anyone use either of these packs and be willing to share the pros and cons?

I have a horn hunter full curl system. I am pleased with it but can't say if it is any better than others available. Compared to my other hiking packs it is comparable but not better in comfort level. I think this is because the torso is not adjustable. I have read reviews from others that were shorter guys who said it did not fit well. I have used mine camping with loads up to #50 and it has done well. The layout isn't ideal for camping but it is very functional. I have used just the frame and daypack while hunting a good bit and like it but for most situations where I would not be packing meat I use another daypack for comfort and lighter weight. There are several threads on here from guys way more experienced with packs that reccomend others so you may want to search the forum. Also, if you want to see the full curl in action google it and there are some videos showing how the bags switch out. Overall I am very pleased with mine and have no plans to switch. There are better ones out there I am sure but the horn hunter has served me well.

Back