Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Pacific Flyway January

2021-2022 is turning out to be an outstanding season for waterfowl here in the PNW. Some more action last weekend - heavy flooding going on now with a pineapple express off the Pacific. Also got to spend a day hunting with my son, cannot beat that! JShane - found some Woodies that forgot they are fair weather ducks, the latest I have shot them up here. 1.9.22 II.jpg1.8.22 III.jpg

Man, you're doing way better over there than we are on the cold side. Seems like there was about 3 days with good #s of ducks then they just kept on cruising south.

2021-2022 is turning out to be an outstanding season for waterfowl here in the PNW. Some more action last weekend - heavy flooding going on now with a pineapple express off the Pacific. Also got to spend a day hunting with my son, cannot beat that! JShane - found some Woodies that forgot they are fair weather ducks, the latest I have shot them up here. View attachment 208597View attachment 208596
Man just look at this right here. This is how you make the most of an unusual season when weather throws you curveballs. You swing and them M'effers like Stevie Wonder with a wiffle bat.

Excellent thread with great pics. Glad to see you are having a good season with Ryker. It's amazing how the retrievers really start figuring things out after a few seasons, what a joy!!! (y)

I really like that spot, no idea where it us, but I like it. Very unique landscape/landform
The Austin Farm. Organic Dairy farm in the Chehalis Valley near Oakville WA. Jim Austin is my farming - lifetime friend. I have hunted his farm for 29 years this year. It all started with a guy and his little boy knocking on the farmhouse door inquiring about a place to go duck hunting together, and it has turned into a friendship you could only wish for!
The pics are flooded Oak - Western Ash patches strung out among his dairy fields. The Black river floods this farm before it joins the Chehalis river.

Excellent thread with great pics. Glad to see you are having a good season with Ryker. It's amazing how the retrievers really start figuring things out after a few seasons, what a joy!!! (y)
Not the first time this has been said for sureRyker 1.8.22 II.jpg; It is all about hunting with my retrievers, there is such joy in me helping to teach them and then watching them perform!

That time has come again, the end of the '21 - 22 season. A day that I do at lot of thinking, and reminiscing about past seasons in the fields (45 of them), my long gone hunting dogs 6 of them) and hunting friends (just 2). Killed this final brace of Mallards in the first hour or so, then just watched the Widgeon, Teal, Mallards and Ringnecks decoy without firing another shot. By this time of the year, it seems that I have killed enough.
Ryker I 1.31.22.jpgRyker and greenhead 1.31.22.jpg Funny, Ryker even seemed to get it. Sure cannot wait for next season, this thread will be here!

Back