Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

OZcut Broadheads

backcountry_sassn

So I got some 2 blade Ozcut brodheads to try out straight from down under. My broadhead target is all shot up but still stopped my montecs. I decided to shoot one of the Ozcuts . Well it blew through and damaged the broadhead. So I figured I might as well see what that damaged broadhead would do to a wood. I heard they an blow through feral pig shoulders from the owner of the company in Australia, but I didn’t know how well they really do. I am very impressed. Got 11 inches of penetration at 30 yards with a 1x6 in front of my field point target. I don’t plan on shooting something in the shoulder, but just in case I think I’ll be fine.

My dad shot a bull in Nevada at 30 yards and hit the shoulder with a Montec. Him and his friend tracked the bull for a few miles but weren’t able to recover it. A couple weeks later his friend was up there with another friend who shot a 360” bull with a muzzleloader in the same general area. The bull had a Montec imbedded in his shoulder. Ever since then I’ve been super paranoid that I’ll draw a Nevada elk tag, and blow my chance at a once in a lifetime bull because of a shoulder. Now I have killed multiple elk with my bow and haven’t hit a shoulder, but since my dad is one of the best archers I know, I figured the same thing could easily happen to me and I wanted to be prepared just in case.

For anyone wondering, my bow is set at 72lbs. My arrows are black eagle deep impact and the broadheads are 125gr making a total arrow weight of roughly 425 grains. CE170085-FE01-4462-9510-F739E18AD56E.jpeg

Yeh mate these are pretty popular broadhead here. VERY strong.

I would say that probably 90% of aussie bowhunters chasing big hogs, use a 2 blade head.

Back