OYOA Narrator

JeffJ

Believe that was Mark Pierce, he hosted DU TV and is one of the owners of the production company that handled producing OYOA for TV. They produce a whole bunch of shows.

JeffJ

As for any insights on that, Randy might be the only one who could shed more light on the subject.

beginnerhunter

Seemed like a nice guy but I thought it was a little weird and superfluous. Took the viewer out of the hunt setting.

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Believe that was Mark Pierce, he hosted DU TV and is one of the owners of the production company that handled producing OYOA for TV. They produce a whole bunch of shows.

Yup, Marc Pierce, the owner for Warm Springs Productions, long-time friend and experienced outdoor TV person.

As for any insights on that, Randy might be the only one who could shed more light on the subject.

You know I am interested in this too. I that that dude was kinda cool the way he presented the story. @Big Fin ????

I was green as fresh clover when it came to hosting outdoor TV. This was 2008/2009. There was an expected model that outdoor TV had. To get a TV contract to air the show, you had to have some known insider. Marc served that purpose and satisfied the network's request. He narrated for two years and did a great job. By that time, the show was doing well enough that we decide to get rid of the narration segments and just roll hunting content to the degree outdoor TV allowed.

Without Marc and his production company joining in when things got really interesting in the sponsorship world, I suspect I would have folded the tent after year three. He encouraged me to keep at it and did some great things with their pricing and helped more with revenue. He is still a great friend. We have breakfast every few months or so to keep up on his world of big network TV and my world of digital content.

Now that I look back at some of that older TV stuff and the requirements of the network, it was so confining to what I had as my vision for message and style.

Rackmastr

Interesting watching back at the older stuff. I love the new formats and the way you're doing it, but really cool seeing where you came from and how the show used to be produced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eschafer