own my own in kansas?

tiger77

:confused:any suggestions on some good hunting in kansas .I have a blackpowder tag for the early season and was thinking about hunting one of the walk in areas.Never been any where in kansas i live south of tulsa in oklahoma. Any info would be great

We have had so many changes in our big game laws last few years I can't remember it all. Anyway, is your tag unit specific? Answering this will help me to focus in on some areas for you.

There are some monster deer just north of you in the SE corner of the State. I have had good luck knocking on doors and getting permission but you will run into areas that are leased up. Also if you go onto the Kansas Website you can print off areas for walk in hunting. I have a budy you killed a great buck last year in a walk in hunting area.

unit 16 and also can hunt unit 18 puts me the south central and southwestern .wildlife guy gave me a area to look at just east of coldwater i believe a big walk in area

i got a tag for unit 16 and 18 just kind of curious as to what to expect in that part of the state in sept

16 and 18 are a diverse mixture of cultivated ground with rolling pastures and a mix of bluffs and canyons thrown in. Most timber in these areas is made of of cottonwoods found around rivers and creeks and other water sources. The area can be pretty arid and in September you can see temps in the high nineties to hundreds pretty easy.

That area by Coldwater is a neat spot. Get there early and get back in there a ways and you can work any other hunters to your advantage. Look at it on Google earth it is full of canyons and bluffs.

Although I mentioned the heat don't leave your rain gear or mid layer stuff at home because you never know in September we can get a good cold front move through.

Gyp_Hills1.jpg

This is the gyp hills. That Coldwater area is very simular to this.

http://http://www.emporia.edu/earthsci/student/corley3/rdhil.htm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back