Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Over/Under on CWD campaign by antis

hossblur

This forum has more guys who are pretty level headed about CWD.

So im curious. With the current situation we are in with Wuhan Virus, how long do you think it will be until anti hunting groups start to push their agenda by using CWD as a reason to end deer hunting?

Hopefully game farms or whatever you want to call these high fence operations take most of the heat. I think most reasonable people realize that hunting is an effective way to control the wild deer population. People that don’t hunt do not like deer eating their gardens and smashing up their cars.

Actual hunters (not high fencers) are the main management tool CPW employs to combat the spread of CWD in mule deer. Hence the current push for later season dates and more buck tags. CPW subscribes to the theory that mature bucks are the main vector of CWD. Or @ least the one they can have some influence on.

Considering there has never been a documented case of humans contracting CWD from game meat I think it's unlikely. From CDC "to date, there is no strong evidence for the occurrence of CWD in people, and it is not known if people can get infected with CWD prions." If there were to be new highly infectious disease contracted by humans from game animals I think it would be a different story though.

I don't think the Wuhan virus is going to have any effect on hunting politics in America. Yes the virus most likely originated from people eating bats and that's a far cry from deer in America. This country has more of a hunting culture than anywhere in the world and most people aside from those in major cities I mean major like NYC, LA, SF know a friend or relative who hunts. The people who try to push the ridiculous notion that banning deer hunting will stop Wuhan Virus are the same people who are against hunting no matter what so their stance isn't changing and their not changing anyone else's stance so it doesn't really matter. Also the media which controls 95 percent of what people think in this country and the media aren't taking a stance on where the disease is coming from, because most people don't do their own research and believe what they are told. Also if you were to go out and say the disease comes from animals you will automatically be labeled a "conspiracy theorist" because that's not the popular media opinion right now. So this whole ban hunting Twitter movement because of Wuhan Virus won't gain any traction because it won't become mainstream and will be dismissed as a "conspiracy theory". Besides once the Wuhan virus pandemic is over our collective conscience will forget about it and be occupied with another news story. I would not worry about this at all in regards to hunting. Also Twitter and people on the internet are not reflective of the real world. Yes there might be posts on the internet about this but the internet promotes people with unpopular and ridiculous opinions because those posts mean more clicks and more money in advertisement.

I dont think there will be connecting thoughts between the two issues. Everyone in the world has there eyes and ears on covid 19. 99% never heard of cwd.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back