Over the Counter Bull Elk Units-Colorado

Ryan2388

Hey everybody,

I recently moved back to Colorado and was looking to do some elk hunting. I got into elk hunting in Montana in College and really only hunted Montana. I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations on some the over the counter units to look into and some to avoid? Anything helps.

I don't know a lot about elk hunting, but from the last 2 years experience my advice would be; Pick an area fairly close to your home, and go for a lot of walks in the next few months. You will find some elky habitat and sign. Altitude may depend on if you plan to hunt archery or rifle season. Anyway, find some elk sign and learn those areas well and often and you will be way ahead of many other hunters like me that get there for 7 days a year. Best wishes!!

My advice is that if you live within 1-2 hrs of any major city you will need a back up plan to your back plan of where you think you found honey holes. People will be there and that's truth

Elk hunting is becoming easier, and harder depending on who you are.

If you're a new elk hunter it's becoming easier, because of the internet.

If you're an experienced elk hunter it's becoming harder. You're losing your honey holes, because of the internet.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back