Outta lockdown hunt

S13tsilvia

So in Australia we have been locked down for around 8 months. That meant no hunting as you couldn't go further than 5ks from home.
Painful for everyone but it appears we have smashed the covid and no new cases for last 15 days.
So weekend just gone called up my mate and said let's hit the farm for a big bomb up. I didn't need to twist his arm and we were set for Sat night.
Went and bought a new door frame rest and made sure I had plenty of 204 ammo.

Grass was extremely high at the farm as we have had lots of rain and good weather which made fox sighting very hard. We only saw 1 and I put him to sleep from around 100m. We proceeded around the property and shot around 25 roos under the farmers permit which was out best numbers we have ever had from this farm. The farmer was very happy and we will be back in about a month to give them another workout.

Next weekend we will be hitting our other farm for just foxes and their should be plenty getting around seeing as it's had no hunting pressure for 8 months.

Felt so good to get out there and pull the trigger again !

Glad to hear you were finally able to get out. I have always wanted to go to Australia and hunt roos. Seeing you shot 25 of them in one night sounds like there is an abundance of them.

It's not really hunting. More like culling.
Yes we have an over abundance of of them and lots of farmers want them removed front their properties so get permits to allow it

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back