Outfitter harassment

If you're worried about your truck being messed with while it's parked, I'd consider discretely hanging a trail cam that could capture footage of it. That being said, you may lose the trail cam too.
Most people dont notice cams that are 12 feet or so up. Use a few screw in tree steps to get up high, and mount a cam on a slate river ez aim mount.

Heres an example. These theiving kuntz in ferry county washington found my cam that was at eye level (its in the fat ones hand in pic) but didnt see my other cam that was 12 ft up. Never did manage to identify them unfortunately.11210428.JPG_thumb.jpg

Most people dont notice cams that are 12 feet or so up. Use a few screw in tree steps to get up high, and mount a cam on a slate river ez aim mount.

Heres an example. These theiving kuntz in ferry county washington found my cam that was at eye level (its in the fat ones hand in pic) but didnt see my other cam that was 12 ft up. Never did manage to identify them unfortunately.View attachment 155265
Hopefully they frequent these forums and see their picture. What goes around, comes around.

Heres an example. These theiving kuntz in ferry county washington found my cam that was at eye level (its in the fat ones hand in pic) but didnt see my other cam that was 12 ft up. Never did manage to identify them unfortunately.View attachment 155265

I always figured it was teenagers stealing stuff like that. Nope, its full grown a$$holes.

Some years ago I was hunting public land in New Mexico. The neighboring rancher, who sold hunts and received permits from the state, tried to run me off, saying I was on his ranch. I showed him my GPS and the topo map. He was more than rude and threatening. I'm a little familiar with dealing with folks like him, and Fish and Wildlife law. I called the local Warden and provided a written statement. The state pulled his "special" permits the following year.

I guess I have been lucky as all the outfitters/guides I bumped into while hunting where just focused on doing their job and really a non issue. Same goes with neighboring ranchers never an issue most very friendly.

If you're worried about your truck being messed with while it's parked, I'd consider discretely hanging a trail cam that could capture footage of it. That being said, you may lose the trail cam too.
Trail camera inside of the vehicle?

Trail camera inside of the vehicle?
Sure, that could work. But to ward off certain types who'd be tempted to break in to steal that, I'd probably want to leave something else visible that's disturbing enough to scare off most everybody. I'm thinking a large rubber fist would do the trick...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back