Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Out of the woodwork

Brittany Chukarman

The deer herd in my area of E. Oregon is in bad shape but when the rut starts some big bucks start showing. I was going out to feed the dogs when I spotted this guy skylined on top of the rimrock. I'd like to know how far the bucks travel looking for does. They are pretty scarce around here most of the year. My wife took the pictures from our deck 575 yards away.

Attachments

• DSCF5513.JPG
    DSCF5513.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCF5528.JPG
    DSCF5528.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCF5529.JPG
    DSCF5529.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 124
Looks like a dandy of a buck for sure. Hope he is able to help in getting that herd population back to normal numbers. You definitely want his genes in the mix.

Good looking buck. I’m hoping to get a glimpse of a few over the next couple of days when I’m out with Finn.

Good to see. I’ll be out trying to fill a cow tag in my mule deer area this next weekend and hope to see some bucks like that. I sure did not during deer season.

This time of year the same thing happens where I live. I can take a morning drive and see a nice buck that seams to have appeared out of the woodwork. The truth is that they are not appearing out of the woodwork. Those bucks are just leaving there sanctuaries back in some roadless canyon and looking for love with the does near the alfalfa fields. A fatal mistake for many of them.

Back