Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Ouch!!!! Man it sucks to be this guy, Pit bull attack in NM

feclnogn

next to the rock over by the tree on the other sid
ALBUQUERQUE (AP) - A man suffered critical injuries during an attack by a pit bull in northwest Albuquerque Monday.

Albuquerque police say the unidentified man was walking the dog when it attacked him. Police say the man was seriously injured in the groin area.

The man appeared to be disoriented and fled the area on foot when police arrived. Police say he was found naked in a nearby park.

The man was transported to the University of New Mexico Hospital.

Albuquerque police and animal control officers canvassed the area Monday evening and Tuesday morning looking for the dog and some of the man’s body parts.

Susie Rayos Marmon Elementary School was locked down following the incident and parents were called to pick up students who usually walk home.

Authorities are advising parents to drive their children to school because the dog is still loose.
The body parts were his nads :eek: :eek:

See that's why you should never own one of the vicious breeds of dogs (says the girl who owns one :rolleyes: ).

The body parts were his nads
Holy cow! No wonder he was disoriented!

Your'e joking karen right? A single lady here had one, bought it up from a pup, killed her last week :eek: mate at work had one swore best natured dog he had owned, took to his wife he shot it :eek: the list just goes on and on they are going to ban them here along with several other breeds and current ones are to be sterilsed and kept locked within cages , they are the scum of the dog world,and heck you have young kids :confused: :confused: get rid of it before you regret it./

That is why I dont like dogs that have a reputation of being mean. you never know when its just gonna snap and attack. That guy must be in a bunch of pain... I hope they put the dog down when it is found.

OL

I don't have a pit bull, I have a Shar Pei. They are considered the second most vicious dog in the US (after chows) according to a survey done by vets. Mine is so old though, he has trouble walking much less attacking anybody. Mine has been the biggest sweetie, but I didn't know it was a vicious breed when I got it (bad planning on my part). I wouldn't get another.

kiwi,
Your full of chit.
I raised Pits for several years and several generations.
They are no meaner than any other breed. They are just more capable of serious injuries when they do take after something.
I would even say that they are one of the more people oriented breeds.
Do you remember ring on the little rascals?
He was a pure bred american pitbull terrier and is a good reflection of 99.9% of the breed.
I will say that if raised to fight, or taught to be aggressive you can have a big problem.
If you are a person that decideds to have one, you should understand what you have and the responsibility that goes with it.

BS my best friend has had 3 differnt Pitbulls in a 14 year span..all raised from a pups and they have been the nicest dogs I've been around. I have been around every breed from hunting dogs to foo foo dogs. I have Two Border collies who beat up on his Pitt Bulls every time we go camping. Any dog can be trained to be mean but the Pitt bull myth is a crock! My 1 to 5 year old neices and nephews have played with them for hours on end and have never 1 time had a problem! The only problem my family has had is with a yellow lab who bit my dad in the face while getting ready to go out Duck hunting. He went up to pet him and he tore about 1/2 his cheeck off. It's all how a dog is raised, not just the breed! I don't like Pitt Bulls and wouldn't ever own one but they are very nice dogs even though the media says other wise.

You can call b/s all you like, and you can have your opinion and I'll have mine, Ive bred terriers for 20 years and shown and work them, I also work with the Dog control and the Regional council in catching and containing roaming dogs and I know which ones are the arse'oles

The pit bull, Brazilian fila, Argentine dogo the mastiffs amongst others were not bred as play dogs for chrissakes,If someone wants to breed them outside of my neighbourhood good luck to them, the problems arise when people take them as puppies and either don't train them properly or not at all, and dont keep enforcing good behaviour habits.

There has been upscale of pitbull and there ilk attacking, maiming, and killing pets, stock, children and adults including there owners over the last few years here,and I for one will be pleased to see the last of the fuggers.

Kiwi, there has also been an upswing in kids taking guns to school, and killing people. This is due to lack of parenting. Not because the little buggers had it bred into them.
At this moment my lil 80 lb pit bull is laying on the sofa behind me. She loves people. The only time she gets aggressive is when no one is home, and a stranger comes to the door. Then she sounds like she will tear the house down. When we are home and someone comes to the door, she gets one of her stuffed toys, and greets them. Just the way they are trained. Make the owners responsible for their dogs actions (just like parents should be responsible for their kids actions). Don't outlaw a whole breed because of media explotation or prejuidices.
I for one will be glad to see the end of whinny ass, liberal cry babies.

I don't think the whole story is out on this yet. They caught the dog last night. I'm guessing peanut butter was involved somehow. Why was the guy in his under wear?

Whether they are trained well or not it is a fact that some dogs, like my shar pei, are built with incredibly strong jaw structures. They are bred this way either for fighting or well goodness knows what. I have been told that in the past shar peis have had to have their jaws broken in order to get them to let go of their prey, they are just that powerful. All pets (or humans too) can react very differently when they are frightened or angered.

In light of all that I have said from the start, if that dog so much as looks at someone funny, he is out of here. I love my baby, but know he can be lethal. To this day I do not let anyone around him alone (that is without me or my husband present).

I'm fairly well trained too but if I was cornered and hurting, I'd be likely to bite you too, and hard! :eek: ;)

Wow! Just see all the stuff I miss when I don't turn on the telly for a few days??? I live in NM...but am happy to confirm that I have had no recent run-ins with pitbulls. One A-hole down the alley has a couple of semi-aggressive ones. He and I had a slight run-in a while back because they jumped the fence and came after me and my Husky. I picked up a tree branch about as big as my arm and held it ready in case they ignored my yelling. The guy had the audacity to accuse me of messing with his dogs. I told him that if he didn't keep the ***'s in his yard, I'd use that tree limb on him! What worries me about this idiot is there are kids who walk the alley every day on their way to school. What if??? I did notice when I was driving down the alley the other day that he moved the woodpile away from the fence. All the dogs had to do was jump up on the wood pile and they were over the fence in a heartbeat. This time I can't really blame the dogs for being dogs...but for having an idiot for an owner.

I have a huge love for animals...but not aggressive ones. I have had to get rid of several pets which started showing too much aggressive behaviour. One, (and it broke my heart) was a Norwegian Elk Hound that one of the neighbor's gardener had teased through the fence with a rake...the dog got so mean that if anyone rattled the chain-link, he would try to get them. Chewing the old man's butt out had little effect, because he did most of his teasing while I was at work. It just wasn't fair to the dog! I gave him to a friend who lived out in the country (I did warn him to watch the dog for aggressive behaviour), and the change of environment seemed to mellow the dog right out.

Peanut butter??? :confused: Something sounds kinky there!

-RW-

We have a huge (112 pound) black Lab, kids can crawl all over him....then we have a killer toy Poodle. I cannot count the times this dog has bitten someone, go figure? We did have a community tragedy 4 years or so ago, a young couple put their newborn on the floor, I am assuming in a bouncy chair and the couple let their chow in to meet the newest member of the family. The Chow sniffed the baby and then grabbed it by the head, shook it twice and killed it. The worse part is these people did'nt want the chow put to sleep! We bring a lot of things into our homes as pets because as a pup they're cute, a Chow Pup looks like a baby bear, but they grow up. You can pick out a pup but you can't pick out it's instinctive behavior. As for pit bulls, my Friends have them for hog hunting, but not as pets. Sorry if this reply is a bummer, but what I have said needed saying.

I constantly harp on my kids about going up to dogs they are unfamiliar with- especially my five year old who thinks all pets are like stuffed animals wanting to be hugged. The only "bitting" dog in the (immediate) family is a fuggin yapping mini-doxie that wants to take a piece outta everyone.
I am waiting for my Chessie to get fed up one of these days and just pick the dox up and shake it like a rag doll!

We've had a few maulings here in recent years including the death of a 6 year old that was attacked by two rotts while playing in his yard.
Got to agree with the lack of responsiblity by many owners- the one in the death I just mentioned was a former cop in town...go figure?

....the nads! O-U-C-H !!!

Let me add, that if my Pit, ever exhibited aggressive behavior (other than attacking the front door when no one is home) she would be gone, I would have to put her down.

IMO, the bad things stated about pit bulls is not un-warrented. BUT, their addition to the 'high brow' dog registrations and popularity have many more people breeding them for better temperment, which I think will be good for the breed. Any dog breed can be agressive, one just has to know what they are getting into. Heck, I bet a 'strain' of Labs could be bred mean if one so wanted. Not all pit bulls are killers and not all of all other breeds are friendly.

I for one won't stand for a dog that bites if unprovoked. I got bit quite a bit by our family dog (mini dauchund), but it was MY fault every time! The one dog we had that bit my sister for no reason didn't stay around too long.

WOw, you all know quite a bit about different breeds of dogs. I want to get a St. Bernard later on in my life. Does anybody know about their tempermental history? Have they ever been known to be aggressive for no reason? Please let me know... this is interesting.

OL

I'd take my Pit bulls back over these damn german shepards and Black labs I have now. They're down right stupid compared to my Pits. 10 years with them and they never bit anyone they shouldn't have. In the hood I'm in now I would own nothing without an agressive "pack" of dogs. Dogs, like kids, turn out the way you raise them

Back