Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Ouch!!!! Man it sucks to be this guy, Pit bull attack in NM

Orca- I've got a buddy that used to breed/train St. Bernards (both Stockharr & Rough Coat)...they are know to be quite affectionate, smart, and like children and other pets (when raised with them)....couple things to note though:

-You need LOTS of room!
-They shed and drool A LOT!
-You're talking 30" high +/- and pushing 200# so you have to train them well just because of their size.
-Finally, they are generally short lived (6-8years) and tend to have hip and heart probs.

MarvB

To many people get an animal with little or no thought to what the animal was bred for or what they need it to do once they bring it home.
They only look to see if it's a cute puppy or a cool breed at the time.
I think most of the time (not always) it's the owner that just has no idea how to train a dog and won't get help doing it.

There are temperment tests you can do on puppies that can help alot.
My biggest pet-peeve is untrained dog's.
I worked as a veterinary technician and later a dog groomer and there are mean & dumb dogs in all breed's,and some personality type's should not own certin dog bred's.
I want a dog around for protection, but one that is in control .

It's unbelievable how many people brought there dog in for grooming and said the dog is a biter,but other then that it's a good dog and they love it.

:confused: :confused:

Or how many had no idea what the personality trait's were of the dog they owned.

Originally posted by Orca Lover:
WOw, you all know quite a bit about different breeds of dogs. I want to get a St. Bernard later on in my life. Does anybody know about their tempermental history? Have they ever been known to be aggressive for no reason? Please let me know... this is interesting.

OL
Had one when I was a teenager, (or my first wife did) very even tempered and loving. The only problem I had is he was a slobbering fool and was not allowed to ride in my 69 Z28. He was hell on a leather interior.

I am planning on getting one when I get my own house... (Few years away). I have wanted one for a while and I just wanted to make sure that they are nice dogs. It will definately go through obedience school as soon as it is old enough!!! Thanks guys!!

OL

Back