Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

other hobbies

I would never consider anything I do with my family a hobby, but I spend a lot of spare time with my kids and their 4H projects.

My actual hobbies, I'm getting back into my photography after some years off. I mainly concentrate on western type stuff, rodeos and such. Maybe one day I'll be as good as Miller..
Bootandspur.JPG
My other hobby is raising a small herd of cattle.
IMG_6757.JPG

oh you know...the usual...fast cars, fast women, strong drink. ;)

Actually pretty standard stuff to what everyone else said. I actually had a lot more hobbies when I was younger, working on cars, paintball, played hockey, golf. I've quit most all of those now to focus on hunting and fishing. Wife and I like to travel, particularly to national parks. We fly fish a good bit. Hiking and camping with the dog. We still like going to the movies. I'm a big history buff so I like going to museums and reading about historical stuff.

Good whiskey, Good lager, carbs, overanding, road trips, international travel, my wife and kids. Not necessarily in that order.

Honestly I don’t have any hobbies outside of hunting and fishing. I play video games but I justify it because I play with real life friends and get actually gives me a chance to BS with my buddies I don’t get to see very often.

Coaching girls fast pitch. I am a HIgh School coach and have a highly competitive summer travel team.

Honestly I don’t have any hobbies outside of hunting and fishing. I play video games but I justify it because I play with real life friends and get actually gives me a chance to BS with my buddies I don’t get to see very often.

No justification need IMHO, I still circle up with some buddies and play D&D. Sometimes it’s not so much what you are doing as making some time to connect with friends.

dirtcloud---LOL--the old-old, days. With no telephones but a ton of mule deer

cgarner --that works

Zach--we raised a few different breeds of cattle over the years, but our favorite was the Longhorns . Good luck with your photography

mje2083---LOL LOL your post reminded me of one of my husbands favorite songs. Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey more money ( I might have those out of order, but close enough )

Griggs International travel, gets my vote, just dont go to Easter Island LOL

NRhunter, and that is o.k.

beishawelk --thank you for doing that. The world needs more folks volunteering to help guide, coach and teach the young to play sports, hunt, camp

wilm1313---What is D & D ?

My husband, his friends, as well as my son and his friends all enjoyed an occasional cigar with their adult drink around the camp fire after a hard day in the mountains. Is cigar smoking taboo these days ?

Europe D&D is dungeons and dragons.
I enjoy adult beverages around the camp fire when hunting and
fishing,and I will smoke an occasional cigar only around the camp fire
because thats our tradition.:cool:

Great idea. Most people are really neat once you get to know them in more depth.

I used to golf quite a bit, but it's ultimately too frustrating and I couldn't get past a plateau. With four kids and a demanding occupation, I focus my efforts on coaching my kid's teams and making sure we are together for hunting/camping trips. Church volunteer work takes up the rest of my time, and I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Started beekeeping a couple years ago and surprised myself at how much I enjoyed it. We try to run about 6 hives, more than that I think crosses the hobby threshold to become work. Not in the cards pre-retirement but I could see becoming a bee mogul post-day-job-retirement. I also find volunteering for various groups enjoyable so long as I can tolerate the other volunteers and vis versa. Some stints last longer than others.

davinski,keep at it...The more bees the better the world.I used to see bee hives in
most the units I hunted but very few now,Best remembrance was when I
Opened a box and harvested a little taste,my huting partner who was apprehensive
about opening the box was stung several times.Me unscathed.lol!!:cool:

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back